What car did you replace with your MG?

Mitsubishi PHEV 2L 2016. EV range annoyingly low. Pre EV switch so engine would start too easily. No range anxiety, large depreciation. Replaced by MG ZS Exclusive. Loving the full EV and the gizmos but not had to charge publicly yet. Got a Shell card for emergencies but who would want to pay 41p per Kw?
Be prepared for some public charger issues. Had 2 very bad experiences today the first day I tried them. Just make sure you got plenty of charge left to drive to an alternative charger if (and when) there are issues.

We placed a Nissan Micra N-Sport on a 2019 plate, as we have a I pace,
which is has very low running costs. Works well all round.
So a MG is a good fit.

I traded in my Kia Cerato (3 years old, 18K). I have had two Kia Ceratos and both have been faultless and very nice to drive. I moved to the MG ZS EV as I felt uncomfortable driving a fossil fuel car. The MG ZS EV was the first electric vehicle that I felt was affordable. It is very good value and I love the natural feel of driving electric around town. The car is very impressive though there are a number of things they could have left out an other things they could have done better. More attention to ergonomic and tactile things and less tecchy stuff. But nothing deal breaking.

Most people bought an MG to replace an ICE car. Some people replaced another EV.
What car did you replace with your MG, do you miss your old car and when you compare the two, how would you describe the experience of MG EV ownership?
I changed to my MG5 EV from a Suzuki SX4 diesel suv. The MG is far superior to drive but I do miss the front radar support and the self adjusting cruise control. Now I've owned an electric car I definitely wouldn't go back to ice. Just hoping MG will have something worth having at a reasonable price when I want to change in just under 3 yrs.

Replaced my Leaf Techna 24kw, which I had for 4 years. Looked at a Leaf 40 but then went to test drive an MG ZSev. The dealer gave me a great px for the Leaf and had a blue pre-reg ZSev in the showroom that they did a good deal on and two days later I was driving it home. Almost an EV veteran and would not go back to an ICE.

I had a skoda yeti laurin and klement diesel 4x4 2014 it was very nice but it cost £60 in diesel the MG
EV cost less it has the same roof as the skoda and no I will not go back to ICE

My MG HS Exclusive replaced a much loved Renault Kadjar Signiture s Nav,1.5 diesel, £20 road tax, 55-65 mpg. Expected to keep “forever” as diesel is no-no now, but that and my previous Qashqai’s were the cheapest to run I’ve had, would only change for a hybrid, Renault dragging heels with hybri Kadjar, the Captur hybrid is smaller, and same price as Kadjar size MG HS, only heard of these MG’s so recently, test drive next day and committed, love the auto pilot, and 360 camera again(Qashqai had them), love the car, but got Farringdon Red, not same as online photos, in dealer only red EZ, but that was Dynamic Red, love that more, mine a bit darker, but hey ho.

Did not take long for my red HS to become seagull spectacled multi colour with a tinge of gritty browny mud highlights. Now it looks like a real SUV.

Did u have issues finding a local charger then or were there other reasons it is an unusual choice to make.
It wasn’t local charger issue as got one on my garage, it was not having a reliable network of working ones on longer routes and in some areas, none at all within a reasonable radius. considered a MG5 but decided would take the HS and give it time for the network to mature

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom