What charging cable(s) comes with the MG5?

SeaSwimmer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all,

I've just got my MG5, loving it so far and finding I can easily get 4+ mile per kwh driving around the Cornish country roads (Cornwall is pretty bad for efficiency in general, lots of little hills, always knocked my MPG down compared to the rest of the south of England)

Quick question though, I got my car under affinity deal, what charging cables are included? I've got a granny charger but no Type 2, is this usual? The granny charger is probably slightly more useful at the moment.

Hi, you get the granny as standard but I think on the affinity scheme they give you the type two but not sure if you have to ask when the order is placed. Give them a call.

Hi, you get the granny as standard but I think on the affinity scheme they give you the type two but not sure if you have to ask when the order is placed. Give them a call.
Thanks, just thought I would check. In the email thread when ordering it said it would include the Type 2 but I wanted to check that this wasn't the granny charger, I'll drop them a message. Where is the Type 2 usually stored, just in case I've missed it?

Thanks, just thought I would check. In the email thread when ordering it said it would include the Type 2 but I wanted to check that this wasn't the granny charger, I'll drop them a message. Where is the Type 2 usually stored, just in case I've missed it?
I collected my car yesterday - via Affinity it came with granny and type 2 cable. Both in their own bags in the boot - type 2 bag an 18 inch or so diameter bag

Attachments

• 94286237-1CC7-4807-9053-40D429CE520B.jpeg
    94286237-1CC7-4807-9053-40D429CE520B.jpeg
    492.3 KB · Views: 415
It's normally just in the boot, the only place it could be if it's not obvious is under the boot floor, tucked in with the tyre repair gunk.

Think I have used the type charger twice in the last 5 months. Most of my charging is at home or the occasional rapid charger.

I've not got a home charger yet, waiting for a smart meter install next month. They've lent me a Type 2 as there are delays on them, finding it very useful at the local tesco stores for the free charge.

I was quite lucky that I managed to get my home charge point installed within 3 weeks of picking up the car. Also got a deal on 6 months free BP pulse membership and 500 miles charge to ride me over in the meantime.

Supermarket chargers are fine in the short term but most of them are still 3.5 or 7kwh so you don't pickup much of a charge on a shopping trip, although more rapid chargers are being installed.

I was quite lucky that I managed to get my home charge point installed within 3 weeks of picking up the car. Also got a deal on 6 months free BP pulse membership and 500 miles charge to ride me over in the meantime.

Supermarket chargers are fine in the short term but most of them are still 3.5 or 7kwh so you don't pickup much of a charge on a shopping trip, although more rapid chargers are being installed.
2-3 hours at a 7kwh supermarket charger will do me for most weeks at the moment so works out pretty good seen as it's on my way home anyway.

I contacted the dealer as I failed to ask this question and they want £190 for a type 2 charger.

I sort of thought they might throw one in when you buy the top spec, but I guess not 🙃

edit - not affinity

I contacted the dealer as I failed to ask this question and they want £190 for a type 2 charger.

I sort of thought they might throw one in when you buy the top spec, but I guess not 🙃

edit - not affinity
Save money, just the first one i clicked on

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi all,

I've just got my MG5, loving it so far and finding I can easily get 4+ mile per kwh driving around the Cornish country roads (Cornwall is pretty bad for efficiency in general, lots of little hills, always knocked my MPG down compared to the rest of the south of England)

Quick question though, I got my car under affinity deal, what charging cables are included? I've got a granny charger but no Type 2, is this usual? The granny charger is probably slightly more useful at the moment.
The type2 of cable is usually not included with the non-affinity deal.

I collected my car yesterday - via Affinity it came with granny and type 2 cable. Both in their own bags in the boot - type 2 bag an 18 inch or so diameter bag
My type 2 bag fits nicely in the netted alcove on the driver's side of the boot. I keep the granny charger in my garage next to the domestic powerpoint I use - the cable feeds neatly under the garage door so it can be locked whilst in use, and is long enouigh for me to park facing the garage and leave enough room to still open the garage door.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom