• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

What do the custom driving options do? 🤔

richlove

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
It seems like these should be pretty self-explanatory. I have read the manual, though still not 100% sure. My best guesses:
  • Horse Power
    • not completely clear what this does. Does it mean more horsepower is available through the pedal compared to eco, for example? Or does it mean that the power is delivered earlier in the 'pedal press' but 100% is still available in all modes? Noticed that 100% power is delivered quite early in the pedal press on sport?
  • Steering
    • firms up the steering and/or suspension, somehow?
  • Pedal Force
    • which pedal, throttle, brake, both? What does it mean, it makes the pedal/s harder to press? Or, that less travel (not force) is required to deliver the power or braking force
I thought I'd read something about firmer suspension in sport, though it's not mentioned above, unless it's bundled with the steering setting?

If anybody could offer a more knowledgeable explanation of these, it would be much appreciated.

Horse Power setting determines how the power is delivered ... Sport gives instant response to pedal pressure whereas the other modes lag the response/power delivery.

Steering in Sport reduces the power assistance force to make the steering feel heavier (which is what drivers usually prefer as it improves feedback).

Pedal Force I think relates to the accelerator, but I'm not too sure.

It seems like these should be pretty self-explanatory. I have read the manual, though still not 100% sure. My best guesses:
  • Horse Power
    • not completely clear what this does. Does it mean more horsepower is available through the pedal compared to eco, for example? Or does it mean that the power is delivered earlier in the 'pedal press' but 100% is still available in all modes? Noticed that 100% power is delivered quite early in the pedal press on sport?
  • Steering
    • firms up the steering and/or suspension, somehow?
  • Pedal Force
    • which pedal, throttle, brake, both? What does it mean, it makes the pedal/s harder to press? Or, that less travel (not force) is required to deliver the power or braking force
I thought I'd read something about firmer suspension in sport, though it's not mentioned above, unless it's bundled with the steering setting?

If anybody could offer a more knowledgeable explanation of these, it would be much appreciated.

The 4 doesn’t have any kind of active suspension, so there’s no way it can be firmed up at the press of a button.

I quite like sports steering, I find the other modes a little on the light side. That is partly because I'm used to driving a heavy Audi Q4. Sports for country roads is a bit of a must for me.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 422 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back