What have you bought for your Xpower this week ?

JonnyG

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Thought this would be a good long term thread to add any accessories we buy for our XPower's

After seeing Dr Andy Perry's Xpower badges I though I'd get one - not sure where I'll put it yet though !

Xpower Badge.jpg

Thought this would be a good long term thread to add any accessories we buy for our XPower's

After seeing Dr Andy Perry's Xpower badges I though I'd get one - not sure where I'll put it yet though !

View attachment 23706
🤣🤣🤣
Me too.
Ordered mine last week!

Probably removing the MG4 badge and putting it there, but not 100% sure yet.

Edit:
I really should delete this as you were asking for 'this' week.
I feel like I've hijacked your thread and done something that you have not asked for.👍🤣

Oh and congratulations on achieving the 'fabled' Prominent Member Status.

Last edited:
I think any mods we've done up to now are OK, and then we just list new ones as we go along 👍

There always seems to be a demand for this kind of thread (and the link/source of the mod) so please all feel free to add previous mods too.

🤣 Excellent!

I also have a clinical aversion to patience!

I went to test drive a standard car and really enjoyed it.
I was going to order LR Trophy but my wife thought I should quickly test drive the X Power.
When I returned I asked the Sales Chappie "How long to get a Trophy?"
6 weeks he said.
"How long to have the X Power?"
How does next week sound?
Where do I sign?🤣

Last edited:
🤣 Excellent!

I also have a clinical aversion to patience!

I went to test drive a standard car, really enjoyed it.
I was going to order LR Trophy but my wife thought I should quickly test drive the X Power.
When I returned I asked the Sales Chappie "How long to get a Trophy?"
6 weeks he said.
"How long to have the X Power?"
How does next week sound?
Where do I sign?🤣
Good job, the Trophy wasn't immediately available. 😉🙂

Good job, the Trophy wasn't immediately available. 😉🙂
I would have still been very happy m8.
My lardy Tank of an etron would do a claimed 6.8 to 60 and whilst I had it, nothing beat me off a set of lights!

Trophy LR at 7.5 is not slow by any means and the fact that it is instant power means you are still..........g o n e.

Not to mention all the extra range blah blah 👍🤣

Until an X Power, blew you away at the lights. 😉🙂
Apart from.........
I would have known what I was dealing with and respectfully dothed my cap to the superior power.

Would I eck!

I would still taken them on and would have fully expected my superior reaction speed to have still seen them off..........briefly..... 🤣🤣🤣

N.B
All mentions of driver superiority in drivers own mind.
No need to comment. 🤣

Last edited:
Reminds me of the young lad in his red 205 GTI sitting at the lights next to an old codger in his 1960's open top car.
The young lad kept revving his engine and the old bloke just ignored him.
Then the lights changed and the 205 GTI started to move meanwhile the AC Cobra has disappeared down the road in a throaty roar.

The old codger was a superior driver in mind and in reality 😁

Reminds me of the young lad in his red 205 GTI sitting at the lights next to an old codger in his 1960's open top car.
The young lad kept revving his engine and the old bloke just ignored him.
Then the lights changed and the 205 GTI started to move meanwhile the AC Cobra has disappeared down the road in a throaty roar.

The old codger was a superior driver in mind and in reality 😁

Also with superior horsepower!
485 v 126 bhp. Zero contest.

Yes I looked it up.🤣

Staggering to see just how little power the 1.9 Gti had back in the day.

And how very far we have come......

The X Power would easily see off the Cobra in the 1/4 mile.

The stat's suggest a close 0 to 60 but having myself owned a 500 bhp manual, I know just how difficult it is to achieve a clean getaway.

I would leave a VXR500 for dead in my X Power.

DSC06681.jpeg

DSC06683.jpeg

My 2 cents thus far: front and rear fitted floor mats, trunk mat (floor only), center console storage insert, tempered glass screen protector, protective film for the shiny black interior plastic (not yet installed) and mud flaps.

In the cart - hood struts, led interior magnetic lights for the rear and upgraded led bulbs for the front, black door lock covers and unbranded center caps.

Completely debadged the rear and plastidipped the lower red lights and uppermost light.

Still need to get the wheels off and get the caliper covers done.

Waffling about doing the front chrome badge, and how exactly to tackle the rear light assembly (want to keep the SAIC VISION LED LIGHTING SYSTEM visible, but maaaaaaybe just going to cover the rear MG logo instead of taping it off)

Attachments

• IMG_20240220_161059.jpg
    IMG_20240220_161059.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20240220_161036.jpg
    IMG_20240220_161036.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
My 2 cents thus far: front and rear fitted floor mats, trunk mat (floor only), center console storage insert, tempered glass screen protector, protective film for the shiny black interior plastic (not yet installed) and mud flaps.

In the cart - hood struts, led interior magnetic lights for the rear and upgraded led bulbs for the front, black door lock covers and unbranded center caps.

Completely debadged the rear and plastidipped the lower red lights and uppermost light.

Still need to get the wheels off and get the caliper covers done.

Waffling about doing the front chrome badge, and how exactly to tackle the rear light assembly (want to keep the SAIC VISION LED LIGHTING SYSTEM visible, but maaaaaaybe just going to cover the rear MG logo instead of taping it off)

If you were trying to hide your plate, you haven't done well enough.

Don't worry.
I don't imagine anyone on here will be cloning it anytime soon. 🤣👍

Not sure anybody has attempted a disassembly of the rear light unit yet.

I think it might be a welded plastic unit, but am purely speculating.

Be interested to see how you get on with it. 👍

If you were trying to hide your plate, you haven't done well enough.

Don't worry.
I don't imagine anyone on here will be cloning it anytime soon. 🤣👍

Not sure anybody has attempted a disassembly of the rear light unit yet.

I think it might be a welded plastic unit, but am purely speculating.

Be interested to see how you get on with it. 👍
Ha yea just wanted to cover the plate a bit before sharing, but didn't realize it was still transparent until after I posted...but I think I'll be alright.

Def not looking to disassemble the rear light unit! Just want to dip that black as well, but since the badge is inside, I need to either dip the assembly completely and lose the MG badge, or cleanly tape off the area I want visible after (and hope it doesn't look bad and/or start to peel around it).

I'll post again when I get to it🤙

Has anyone bought any of the centre console TPU protectors from AliExpress, and/or can recommend one?
There is one listed on ebay, however I have seen a negative response about quality and fitment somewhere, which put me off buying. Just cant find the listing, so may have been on AliExpress.

There is one listed on ebay, however I have seen a negative response about quality and fitment somewhere, which put me off buying. Just cant find the listing, so may have been on AliExpress.

I looked at them a few months ago and decided they would be a massive ball ache to get 'nice'

Creases, air bubbles, et al.

If you do find them again I would be interested to see how you get on. 👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom