What have you bought for your Xpower this week ?

I looked at them a few months ago and decided they would be a massive ball ache to get 'nice'

Creases, air bubbles, et al.

If you do find them again I would be interested to see how you get on. 👍
Totally agreed, you'll never get them perfect, and then they look bl00dy awful. Wouldn't bother. Just give um a wipe every so often .🙂

I bought one of those console covers, but as suspected it looks tacky because of the carbon fibre pattern, and the fact there is no other carbon fibre in the car. Maybe I can spray it satin black/silver...

Just give um a wipe every so often
Yeah I'm paranoid about scratching it, and it's an absolute dust magnet...I think from the aircon

I bought one of those console covers, but as suspected it looks tacky because of the carbon fibre pattern, and the fact there is no other carbon fibre in the car. Maybe I can spray it satin black/silver...
Yeah I'm paranoid about scratching it, and it's an absolute dust magnet...I think from the aircon
I have used for a number of years, a very soft detailing brush on the internal piano black finishes. To brush away dust etc, prior to cleaning lightly with a soft damp microfibre if required, seems to work for me.

Three glow in the dark golf balls to stuff into the seatbelt voids in the back (three kids and three car seats).

Stops them being as floppy as they ordinarily would be whilst not being quite as perfect as the purpose made ones on Amazon. Happened to have some in the garage and has worked alright so far!

Probably not the exciting additions people were hoping for 😎

Thought this would be a good long term thread to add any accessories we buy for our XPower's

After seeing Dr Andy Perry's Xpower badges I though I'd get one - not sure where I'll put it yet though !

View attachment 23706
Great Quality & my first purchase for my x power. Mines on the boot, with hindsight I should have either bought a matching chrome version or debadged before applying the Black. Anyway I like the badge (should be on from factory).

Attachments

• IMG_7161.jpeg
    IMG_7161.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
There is one listed on ebay, however I have seen a negative response about quality and fitment somewhere, which put me off buying. Just cant find the listing, so may have been on AliExpress.
I bought a clear full set for my Wife to protect her totr Trophy. Paid around £30 😱. Waste of money! Manages to do the gear/handbrake panel with a ripple, as soon as you peel the backing off it coils up sticking to itself. The rest was left on the rolled sheet & binned. Currently looking for an interior ceramic solution, did wax the interior plastic (gloss black parts) with the wax pictured.

Attachments

• IMG_7162.jpeg
    IMG_7162.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
Great Quality & my first purchase for my x power. Mines on the boot, with hindsight I should have either bought a matching chrome version or debadged before applying the Black. Anyway I like the badge (should be on from factory).

Still waiting for mine!
Seems like weeks.....

Mines going on LHS and de badgeing the chrome mg4 emblem.......or might plastidip it black.

Not sure yet.

Still waiting for mine!
Seems like weeks.....

Mines going on LHS and de badgeing the chrome mg4 emblem.......or might plastidip it black.

Not sure yet.
Ofcourse! 💡 plasti dip why didnt i think of that. The badge pictured is a spare, wanted the engine bay cover wrapped in carbon & was sticking it on there. Apparently cant be done? Wont stick. So got a quote to hydro dip it (is that the correct term 🤔). A firm in Preston Lancashire quoted £265 + vat & would need it for 2 weeks 🤡 meaning I left it black & chucked it back on.

I get this wont be for everyone & my car is doubling in weight thanks to Ali express accessories. I fitted this today and it was easy! Cost £9.00. There is no double sided tape involved, it simply sits in the back edge of the boot rubber. Once you get round to the start again you cut to length with sharp scissors & pop the supplied Scilicone cap on the cut. It has 2 wires Red & I think black & a host of connectors/ tape & spare wire come with it. 1: carefully pop open the left side cloth panel. 2: reach in and release the end push clip on the boot light pushing it out & into the car. 3: feed light strip wire behind cloth panel & out of the boot light hole. 4: connect the 2 light bar wires to the 2 boot light wires. 5: reassemble & tweak light bar strip so you are happy. Done 👍. When you ope the boot it comes on, it times out with the boot light & goes off when you close the boot same as the boot light. The only worry is that Im 56 & fecking around modifying a car which started because in factory form lots of “basics” are missing.

Attachments

• IMG_7197.jpeg
    IMG_7197.jpeg
    669.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7193.jpeg
    IMG_7193.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7192.jpeg
    IMG_7192.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7190.jpeg
    IMG_7190.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7194.png
    IMG_7194.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
I get this wont be for everyone & my car is doubling in weight thanks to Ali express accessories. I fitted this today and it was easy! Cost £9.00. There is no double sided tape involved, it simply sits in the back edge of the boot rubber. Once you get round to the start again you cut to length with sharp scissors & pop the supplied Scilicone cap on the cut. It has 2 wires Red & I think black & a host of connectors/ tape & spare wire come with it. 1: carefully pop open the left side cloth panel. 2: reach in and release the end push clip on the boot light pushing it out & into the car. 3: feed light strip wire behind cloth panel & out of the boot light hole. 4: connect the 2 light bar wires to the 2 boot light wires. 5: reassemble & tweak light bar strip so you are happy. Done 👍. When you ope the boot it comes on, it times out with the boot light & goes off when you close the boot same as the boot light. The only worry is that Im 56 & fecking around modifying a car which started because in factory form lots of “basics” are missing.

🤣 56! Spring Chicken!

I'm damn near 57 myself, and really feeling it of late.

Its all I can do to pop a wheel off the car lately.
Knackered.
I really like what you've done m8.
When you open the hatch at night in public, folk are going to think a space ships turned up!
I can see me using some of that as an interior light, especially in the rear as a courtesy light.
Just depends how long the boot light stays on?
Great place to take the power from.
Thanks for the link.
Amazing how they do it for such a small amount of money.

Last edited:
🤣 56! Spring Chicken!

I'm damn near 57 myself, and really feeling it of late.

Its all I can do to pop a wheel off the car lately.
Knackered.
I really like what you've done m8.
When you open the hatch at night in public, folk are going to think a space ships turned up!
I can see me using some of that as an interior light, especially in the rear as a courtesy light.
Just depends how long the boot light stays on?
Great place to take the power from.
Thanks for the link.
Amazing how they do it for such a small amount of money.
Thankyou for making me feel “normal” I have a health issues & spend more time polishing & improving my car than I do driving it 🤪. I enjoy tinkering about on my drive. The boot light times out after (guessing now) 2 or 3 mins, when you are fitting it you keep thinking the connection is dodgy as the light strip goes off, then realise why. I still think “the best” rear passenger light solution is to buy a new rear light, drill a small hole in the headliner where its going, thread 12V wire through to the dismantled front cabin roof lights & connect. Then either screw/double tape or no more nails the new rear passenger light in position. Just like the boot strip it will behave as the front light does i:e come on with drivers door & time out. I must say though going to all these extremes is becoming “annoying” on a brand new car that falls short in so many basic areas. That said it keeps me out of mischief 🤡

Does it actually light up the boot's interior?

Or doesn't it matter, bling is bling? 😎
Yes it lights up the boot interior. I havent got a gold tissue box/beaded seat cover or religious beads swinging from the rear view mirror 🤣😂🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it lights up the boot interior. I havent got a gold tissue box/beaded seat cover or religious beads swinging from the rear view mirror 🤣😂🤣
Yet. 😉😀👍

You forgot the Panama Hat in the back window. 😉👍

Fitted these weeks ago on both cars. Anyone else notice MG saving £1.00 on every MG4 ??
Before & after pics (her car/my car) & yes I put em on hers too.

Attachments

• IMG_6442.jpeg
    IMG_6442.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7198.jpeg
    IMG_7198.jpeg
    935.2 KB · Views: 87
Yet…….

To be honest I have got the beads, white to match the car! Although they are Greek worry beads with no religious connection for us. It has become a tradition/superstition to put in each car for over 30 years! Even get colours to match if possible! I was never keen on them until after I removed them and within a day nearly had two crashes caused by others. One car coming around the roundabout the wrong way. Needless to say they were soon back up!

So my new X Power badge arrived last week and I finally got around to fitting it today.

I was umming and ahhing about where to put it, what to put it with, put it on the left, put in on the right?

Plastidip the MG4 and electric badge?

Not pladtidip, just remove the MG4 lettering etc etc etc.

I decided I wanted to have the Green writing in the electric badge, pick out the Green line in the X Power badge.

I was too lazy to plastidip the electric badge and faff about picking out the paint in the letters.

Might do it in the summer if I change my mind.

20240229_111329.jpg

20240229_114113.jpg

20240229_111723.jpg

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom