What is the ACC like?

Collected

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Really interested to hear from those that have test driven or picked up thier MG4... what is the adaptive cruise control like? Does it follow to stop? Do you trust it to? Do you have to select it at the start of each drive or does it remember and you just 'set' it on the steering wheel to engage it?

I'm not sure why I'm being so impatient to find this out... I've got a test drive booked for Thursday :ROFLMAO: and an order due (hopefully, I'll believe it when I see it) to be fulfulled next month.

Perhaps it's the tug between my head and my heart - the brain saying the MG is such a good deal, and my heart saying, but the Born... (and my brain interrupts to say "is a 5 month wait... well it was a few weeks ago, probably more now")

Really interested to hear from those that have test driven or picked up thier MG4... what is the adaptive cruise control like? Does it follow to stop? Do you trust it to? Do you have to select it at the start of each drive or does it remember and you just 'set' it on the steering wheel to engage it?

I'm not sure why I'm being so impatient to find this out... I've got a test drive booked for Thursday :ROFLMAO: and an order due (hopefully, I'll believe it when I see it) to be fulfulled next month.

Perhaps it's the tug between my head and my heart - the brain saying the MG is such a good deal, and my heart saying, but the Born... (and my brain interrupts to say "is a 5 month wait... well it was a few weeks ago, probably more now")
funny I've had the same thought about ACC, I used it constantly on my Ford Puma automatic. that did follow to a stop as you mention, and I am interested to know if the mg4 does too. regarding trusting it to stop that's another thing :) - on the Puma it was 99% of the time...

one thing I have read on this forum though is that its a case of using either ACC or regen, I used it so much on my Puma that I think I might be a bit bothered by not having regen active - choices eh?

funny I've had the same thought about ACC, I used it constantly on my Ford Puma automatic. that did follow to a stop as you mention, and I am interested to know if the mg4 does too. regarding trusting it to stop that's another thing :) - on the Puma it was 99% of the time...

one thing I have read on this forum though is that its a case of using either ACC or regen, I used it so much on my Puma that I think I might be a bit bothered by not having regen active - choices eh?
Oh, that sounds a bit rubbish, although maybe makes sense if it’s like one pedal drive regen setting.

O the ZS and 5 it follows to a stop. Don't see why it would be different on the 4. Only difference is on the 5 it regens under ACC braking and not on the ZS. On the 4 apparently it regens as well.
Has never let me down, but foot hovers over brake in case, same as any sane person would.
Again on the ZS and 5 it remembers if you don't switch it off, that is it stays on standby but not active until you set the speed. Would be a bit silly remembering 70mph from your run up the motorway and then re-engaging in an urban environment.

O the ZS and 5 it follows to a stop. Don't see why it would be different on the 4. Only difference is on the 5 it regens under ACC braking and not on the ZS. On the 4 apparently it regens as well.
Has never let me down, but foot hovers over brake in case, same as any sane person would.
Again on the ZS and 5 it remembers if you don't switch it off, that is it stays on standby but not active until you set the speed. Would be a bit silly remembering 70mph from your run up the motorway and then re-engaging in an urban environment.
Good that it remembers… would be a PITA to have to select it each time you enter the car… wasn’t really expecting it to remember and re engage the same speed.

Good that it remembers… would be a PITA to have to select it each time you enter the car… wasn’t really expecting it to remember and re engage the same speed.
Not sure how it will switch on/off in the 4 but on the others it's only a pull/push on a column stalk to turn on/off into standby, not too exhausting. :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back