What is the "BOOP" noise?

fuzzballjunior

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Yesterday, I drove my MG ZS EV for around four hours. Throughout the day, both moving and at a standstill, I kept hearing a "BOOP" sound, as if it was warning me of something. I cannot figure out what this noise is indicating. Any ideas?
I've also been hearing a buzzing sound under the dashboard, as if something is engaging/disengaging. I have no clue what this noise is either.

I’ve had that as well. Quite a deep “boop” noise but nothing on the instrument panel, etc. not had it happen for a while though.

The collision avoidance makes a short low pitched beep just before it primes the brakes which is a buzzing sound, just before it applies the brakes if necessary.

Thanks. As I said, it also actually occurred whilst stationary, which seems odd.
I think it’s maybe a glitch, as I haven’t experienced it again.

Thanks. As I said, it also actually occurred whilst stationary, which seems odd.
I think it’s maybe a glitch, as I haven’t experienced it again.
May not be connected but mine did something similar today, did you have the rear seats folded or anything weighty on them? Mine turned out to be the seatbelt warning as it thought there was someone on the rear seat without a belt on. Just a thought. 🤔🤔🤔

May not be connected but mine did something similar today, did you have the rear seats folded or anything weighty on them? Mine turned out to be the seatbelt warning as it thought there was someone on the rear seat without a belt on. Just a thought. 🤔🤔🤔
No, it was only me in the car. Still a bit of a mystery what caused it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom