What is the difference between the two USB ports on the ZS EV?

Mychski

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that the two USB ports in the lower compartment of the central console have different icons... the one on the right has the universal USB icon while the one on the left has what looks like a monitor screen icon. Can't find a reference in the manual... what are they for?

One is a normal usb / media and the other nearest your legs is for Apple car play or android auto.

Also, if I remember correctly, the right-hand port is for navigatioin updates too.

One is a normal usb / media and the other nearest your legs is for Apple car play or android auto.
Is there somewhere you could purchase one or get one fitted. My car came with the port hollow and missing. I didn’t notice until it was too late.

02CF68CA-3474-4F32-89B1-FEA7FD4D6305.jpeg

That's a MK1 ar you sure its not just pushed through?
I am now thinking that's a petrol not a EV?

Cheapest option if you just need one for charging, is to get a generic charger to plug into the 12V port to the right.

I have already replaced the 12V blanking plug with a flush fit charger in mine. These days, you can never have to many USB ports in a car :)

That doesn't look right. there should be two USBs on the right and the 12v should be on the left if it's a Gen 1.
I think the Gen 2 is the same (if somebody with a gen 2 can confirm ?).
Think it a petrol one

Both USB's to the right of the 12v socket are power and data, P69 of the owners manual (face-lift version).
"Located to the right of the power socket are two USB
ports. Both of them can be used to provide a 5V power
supply or a data transmission connection"

Both USB's to the right of the 12v socket are power and data, P69 of the owners manual (face-lift version).
"Located to the right of the power socket are two USB
ports. Both of them can be used to provide a 5V power
supply or a data transmission connection"
But only the big one for carplay?

But only the big one for carplay?
I would have thought either depending on what phone lead you use, having said that I think nearly every phone I've seen uses the larger one. But if that's a problem I'm sure you can get a converter type B to Type C.
Just looked on Amazon they are about a fiver.

I would have thought either depending on what phone lead you use, having said that I think nearly every phone I've seen uses the larger one. But if that's a problem I'm sure you can get a converter type B to Type C.
Just looked on Amazon they are about a fiver.
I was thinking its just the big one as its the only one with a pic of a screen next to it

I was thinking its just the big one as its the only one with a pic of a screen next to it
You're absolutely right, but the description in the manual does state both power and data. So until if and when I get the car I can't confirm this. Maybe someone who actually has one can try it. Do you think MG have employed another cost saving measure by only printing one graphic per port:ROFLMAO:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom