What is this white / copper-ish sticker on my new MG4 windshield?

jakeellis01

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Just picked up my MG4. Dealership told me not to remove it since it is used for satellite connectivity? o_0

I saw another post related to the MG5 with the same issue but no updates on it.
Here: Strange windscreen sticker and rattle update.

Can I just remove mine or is it a pain to remove it? Can I damage something by trying to remove it?

Pic taken from the passenger seat:
PXL_20230806_143240982.jpg

Pic stolen from the other MG5 Thread:

PXL_20210128_162126443.MP.jpg

Update: It's not that easy to peel off. I warmed it up with a hair dryer, manage to peel it off in 2 peels with my trusty fingernails. The sticker left some glue residue which easily washed off by using some Adhesive removal spray.

I can now sleep in piece. Good night!

Last edited:
It's a transit ID label (I think) which detection systems pick up as the car is moved between locations during shipping. Mine is still on the windscreen too. (I've never bothered trying to remove it).
So the satellite connectivity thing is non-sense?

Do you guys know if it's easy to remove? Some Label-off spray can might help hopefully.

So the satellite connectivity thing is non-sense?
Almost certainly. How could it connect to a satellite without a dish? How could it connect to the car without wires? What would power it? Unless you have a highly unique system of navigation in Malta, I cannot see how it would help with that.

Almost certainly. How could it connect to a satellite without a dish? How could it connect to the car without wires? What would power it? Unless you have a highly unique system of navigation in Malta, I cannot see how it would help with that.
Same thoughts.. thanks, will do my best to remove it and keep this thread updated. Wish me luck.

I had one on my (leased) car when it arrived. Took it off and used sticky-stuff-removed to remove the residue. No complaints from car, lease company or Chinese overlords :rolleyes:

I had one on my (leased) car when it arrived. Took it off and used sticky-stuff-removed to remove the residue. No complaints from car, lease company or Chinese overlords :rolleyes:
Thanks, will do the same later this week. Thanks for the update.

If OP is in Malta, they wont need a hairdryer
True!

Mine has it too. The guy who delivered the car told me this needs to be removed before delivery but it's often missed. I still haven't had a chance to remove it. Keep forgetting lol

Wait until the sun warms it up then use a plastic scraper or spatula to remove it. ;)

Update: It's not that easy to peel off. I warmed it up with a hair dryer, manage to peel it off in 2 peels with my trusty fingernails. The sticker left some glue residue which easily washed off by using some Adhesive removal spray.

I can sleep in piece now, thanks guys!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel