WhatCar Winter Range Test

Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Really interesting results from WhatCar's recent video testing range in the winter for several EV cars.
The MG4 was right in the middle specifically NOT over promising range and a good MPKw/hr.

What do you think?

evcog

Last edited:
MG have been pretty conservative in their wltp estimates. I normally drive a standard range MG5 which is in for repair just now so have a 60kw Leaf. I get better range from the MG5 than I do the Leaf with a bigger battery.

Really interesting results from WhatCar's recent video testing range in the winter for several EV cars.
The MG4 was right in the middle specifically NOT over promising range and a good MPKw/hr.

What do you think?

evcog

Not impressed with their test process, but if it's the same every time they do one, then it may be useful.

In the current weather conditions I am often getting over 4 miles per KWH (72 plate ZSEV LRTC). Last Friday night (3rd March) I got 5.1 kwh coming home at about 9.45pm. Local roads 30 mph speed limit. My GOM (I have never reset ) is often giving me ranges equivalent to circa 270 to 280 mile's. Eg on Sat ( 4th March ) after I had recharged it in the morning (fixed energy tarrif till Aug) it was showing 223 miles at 80%.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom