What's your fuel economy

Is there an MPG readout on the trip computer of the MG HS PHEV?
The reason I'm asking is that, based on tank-fills, I'm getting about 30 MPG.
This is pitiful enough, but most of the time its driven in EV mode and is frequently fully charged.

The reply from the MG dealer when I raised the matter with them was very uninspiring:
We are sorry to hear you're not happy with your new car.
The average MPG is a split between driving on electric power and using the petrol combustion engine. If you have any more questions regarding your MPG, please contact the team.
With HV battery at 0% you’ll get 30-35 mpg max. If traction battery is available, hybrid usage posted it above 40.

Anyone prepared to post a pic of their Accumulated Totals?

I am interested to see how my 200km/L 6.7kWh/100km compares.
236994740_538013073939820_3592293186984340506_n.jpg

I don't know, but I do know that I've driven 1200 miles, and put a total of 41 gallons (186 litres) of petrol in the car, then I'm averaging less than 30 MPG despite it being charged for most of the time (its driven almost constantly in EV mode and typically does trips of 12 miles or less). So no matter what the dashboard readout says, the economy is dreadful.

BTW What buttons do you have to press to get the Accumulated Totals?

I don't know, but I do know that I've driven 1200 miles, and put a total of 41 gallons (186 litres) of petrol in the car, then I'm averaging less than 30 MPG despite it being charged for most of the time (its driven almost constantly in EV mode and typically does trips of 12 miles or less). So no matter what the dashboard readout says, the economy is dreadful.
Something really wrong there. I put £50 worth of Petrol in September and drove it 300 miles on petrol mode - aside from that the car did a total of 1100 miles before I needed topping up.. most usage being electric on every day basis

Something really wrong there. I put £50 worth of Petrol in September and drove it 300 miles on petrol mode - aside from that the car did a total of 1100 miles before I needed topping up.. most usage being electric on every day basis
Yes, I agree, there is something wrong. I've tried to convince the dealer of that but no joy.

The 1200 miles quoted is from when the car was New. Richmond (the dealer) say this may be a factor. Car is charged every day the sun is shining - we have solar panels. Journeys comprise of 8 or 12 miles - nothing longer than that - on roads that are fairly light in traffic - we have the luxury of being able to choose when we drive thereby avoiding and rush-hour congestion.

The 1200 miles quoted is from when the car was New. Richmond (the dealer) say this may be a factor. Car is charged every day the sun is shining - we have solar panels. Journeys comprise of 8 or 12 miles - nothing longer than that - on roads that are fairly light in traffic - we have the luxury of being able to choose when we drive thereby avoiding and rush-hour congestion.
does the car drive in electric mode or do you leave it in auto ?
What is the cabin temperature you have set it to ?

In Auto mode most of the time but occasionally in EV mode when 100% charged. Temperature is set at 18.
Auto mode is pointless unless you are driving on A roads / Motorways. Over 24mph you are using Petrol / engine to power the car.
Since there is no electric heating, at 18C, it will start the engine to warm the car. No way around it.
On warmer / no so cold days, use heated seats and turn off cabin heat.
always put the car in EV Mode

Auto mode is pointless unless you are driving on A roads / Motorways. Over 24mph you are using Petrol / engine to power the car.
Since there is no electric heating, at 18C, it will start the engine to warm the car. No way around it.
On warmer / no so cold days, use heated seats and turn off cabin heat.
always put the car in EV Mode
Thanks for the advice Dave. If in EV mode and you consume all of the battery charge does it automatically switch to petrol mode?

But I would really like to know how to display the Accumulated Totals. Does anybody know?

@MartinH you have posted a pic of the current journey. I think one more down press brings you to accumulated totals. The right/left buttons scroll through the menu pages but the main menu page has a few dots to indicate that it has sub pages, the sub pages are accessed by clicking the down button. 10pm here so I am not going out to the car to check.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom