• More than 4.5 miles

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

kierend

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Love to know how many miles are getting per kWh... I have only had my 5 for 2 weeks now so wondering what average I should be looking at once I've done a few more miles

I have my car for 6 months exactly and over the summer got 4.2m/kWh.
I have just reset the Counter to see if I get a similar figure during the winter 6 months

Attachments

• IMG_20210930_080853.jpg
    IMG_20210930_080853.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 149
4.3 over 2000 miles but...
Last 2 days that have been chilly mornings and got 3.2 with the heaters and car seats on.

Last edited:
2200 miles so far, average of 4.2... Ditto Jomarkh, I'm going to reset the main trip shortly for the winter to see the overall affect in the cold months...

3.1 in the colder wetter weather but I tend to just use it and not worry about it, I always have it in sport mode too, sometimes kers on 3 if I'm feeling lazy and want to use it as brakes.

Is it more or less a straight calculation of mpkwh x usable battery to estimate total range (assuming driving style, climate etc is the same )?
standard 49kw battery at 4mpkw = 196 miles
long range 57kw battery at 4mpkw - 228 miles

I managed a 2.9 on my ZS the other day, a 3 mile journey in cold windy and torrential rain. :D

Made a real effort to get m/kwh below 3 on trip to Aberdeen yesterday (60mls)😀. A/C, 2xheated seats, temp at 28deg, 70 cruise set, rain, 8deg, windy,wipers on, fan high, no kers(1), normal mode. 4 people in car, bootful of logs. Managed to get 2.9!. Still 4 x less £ compared to my old volvo. Anyone beat that for 💩 economy effort!

I have had my 5 for 3 months now (Standard range Excite). The first 3 months have worked out at 4.6 mpkwh overall (according to the screen), but so far I have driven only 1000 miles in total. However, I am puzzled by the fact that individual journeys register about 4 to 4.2 mpkwh. I assume that this is because I am making quite short journeys , typically about 10 miles or so (Isle of Wight remember), and this leads to an underestimate on individual trips. Can anyone confirm that this is so? When I have managed a slightly longer trip and got up to about 20 miles then 4.5 ish seems to be the order of the day. The temperature over these past 3 months has been good overall, typically in the teens and twenties. However, I have noticed in the last 2 days, when there has been frost on the car and the air temperature has been as low as 3 degrees, that a 10 mile journey which has typically been around 4 mpkwh has dropped to 3.5. This was with lights on and more use of the AC. I assume that this is the shape of things to come over the winter. It will be interesting to monitor and see what effect this has on the overall figure. I won't reset for now, I want to see what happens over a whole 12 month period. Interesting stuff I think.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom