WhatsApp Issue

Swampy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I am using an IPhone connected to the car via a cable and seem to have issues receiving and sending messages on WhatsApp. I get a message saying “there is a problem please try again”.
I don’t use WhatsApp very often so never got round to asking for a fix for this until now. My SE SR is a phase 1 and due my first service on Friday.
If I don’t get a fix via the forum I will ask the dealership on Friday.
I have tried searching the forum but unable to find anything. Thanks.

I never try and send a WhatsApp message on the go, but I do seem to receive them OK. (SE SR Phase 1). As it happens I tend to mute the notifications anyway as I'm not going to do anything with them whilst driving ... I don't really want to be hearing those orgasmic noises. ;)

I am using an IPhone connected to the car via a cable and seem to have issues receiving and sending messages on WhatsApp. I get a message saying “there is a problem please try again”.
I don’t use WhatsApp very often so never got round to asking for a fix for this until now. My SE SR is a phase 1 and due my first service on Friday.
If I don’t get a fix via the forum I will ask the dealership on Friday.
I have tried searching the forum but unable to find anything. Thanks.
Is it possible that your phone experiences a lack of reception specifically when inside the car, perhaps in certain physical areas?

I raise this question because the car typically shouldn't disrupt your mobile phone's internet connection, unless the reception is already weak, and being inside the car might exacerbate the issue.

If this scenario applies, and unless your car is a Trophy version with a built-in wifi hotspot, I'm afraid I don't see a solution.

Just to clarify ... I use an Android phone, and I was receiving (and seeing) the notifications on the car's Infotainment screen via Android Auto. Is that what you were meaning isn't working for you (albeit via Carplay rather than AA)?

My IPhone 12 works OK with CarPlay and WhatsApp. If a new message arrives it notifies me and reads it out if requested and also gives me the option to reply via voice and send.

Just to clarify ... I use an Android phone, and I was receiving (and seeing) the notifications on the car's Infotainment screen via Android Auto. Is that what you were meaning isn't working for you (albeit via Carplay rather than AA)?
I get the notification, when I click on it it doesn’t read the message.
I am verbally told “ there is a problem please try again”

My IPhone 12 works OK with CarPlay and WhatsApp. If a new message arrives it notifies me and reads it out if requested and also gives me the option to reply via voice and send.
Thanks for clarifying an Iphone does seem to work with whatsapp.

I get the notification, when I click on it it doesn’t read the message.
Can you get voice directions when using maps? When the voice should be playing (other than for calls) have you tried toggling up on the right joystick to increase the voice volume?

Note: before my latest updates voice was very low ... after getting 1100R33 the voice is now very clear. In fact I had to turn it down. :)

If I was you - Id check the infotainment S/W version is as @siteguru lists 1100R33 / Im a trophy driver and had this .. Now I have the Trophy's current r46 - and now no more such issues - I'd suspect its an issue within the cars s/w and marrying up to the Bluetooth / infotainment system - which is a known issue ...

Thanks for the input. I am due my first service on Friday so I will add this issue to my list and hopefully get the SW update which may sort this out.

No I don’t.
I had this problem before on a Vauxhall corsa I’m trying to remember how I fixed it. I think because CarPlay isn’t allowing the use of keyboards and screen text when sending and receiving messages Siri needs access to it.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back