Votes: 25 24.8%

• Total voters

Brettus

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Wondering what the split is over the range is now the car has been out a while.
I haven't seen a poll like this and if there was one it's likely outdated with the new additions to the MG4 family.
I would try and find the various names for the different regions but I'd likely muck it up so if you'd like, please translate whatever you have to the UK naming scheme.

The model comparisons can be found in this thread:

Wondering what the split is over the range is now the car has been out a while.
I haven't seen a poll like this and if there was one it's likely outdated with the new additions to the MG4 family.
I would try and find the various names for the different regions but I'd likely muck it up so if you'd like, please translate whatever you have to the UK naming scheme.
What is the purpose of this poll?
Should/can this be updated with new options in the future?
Do you want to distinguish phase 1 and phase 2?
Phase 3/facelift?

1000014168.jpg

Something else I've noticed is the number of Trophys compared to everything else. It seems people are buying the Trophy because of the extras and not for the range or value for money otherwise the LR would be doing better.

Interesting observation.

Here in NZ you can buy two battery versions of the base trim, the 51 kW LFP and 64 kW NMC (Excite 51 and Excite 64) versions with cloth seats, 17” wheels, no spoiler, reverse camera only. The trim step up adds leather, 18” wheels, spoiler, 360 deg cameras with NMC batteries of 64 and 77 kW (Essence 64 and LR 77).

The most popular choices* so far appear to be the lowest cost base spec 51 kW and the up spec Essence 64, even though you could get the slightly better range with the Excite 64 kW. Range does not seem to be a high priority.

*Unscientific observations and gossip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting observation.

Here in NZ you can buy two battery versions of the base trim, the 51 kW LFP and 64 kW NMC (Excite 51 and Excite 64) versions with cloth seats, 17” wheels, no spoiler, reverse camera only. The trim step up adds leather, 18” wheels, spoiler, 360 deg cameras with NMC batteries of 64 and 77 kW (Essence 64 and LR 77).

The most popular choices* so far appear to be the lowest cost base spec 51 kW and up the spec Essence 64, even though you could get the slightly better range with the base spec 64 kW. Range does not seem to be a high priority.

*Unscientific observations and gossip.
Yes the poll needs to add a "Trophy SR" option to capture what is available elsewhere - lots of other markets have this option.

I'm not sure "lots" is an apt term - "some" would seem more accurate. (e.g. Thailand and Indonesia have the 51kWh Trophy, but I'm not sure where else).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back