Wheel symbol on driver’s display

Sperious

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hey guys! I’m new to the MG4, coming from the VW ID.3.

I can’t find any info about this in the user manual so I thought I’d post a question here.

What is the wheel symbol on the driver’s display that alternates between a grey and white color? I just can’t figure this out.

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpeg
    IMG_0222.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 46
Solution
As @Rolfe says, you have TJA selected rather than ACC. This means the car will also try to steer for you as well as maintain the chosen cruise speed (or the speed of the vehicle in front if it is lower). The wheel has the following colour-coded meanings:

White = TJA selected but not active
Green = TJA active (running)
Yellow = TJA selected but not available (e.g. the windscreen camera is obstructed)
Grey = TJA not available due to other things you're doing (e.g. pressing the brake pedal)
Missing = ACC is selected instead of TJA :)
It's there when you have TJA (Traffic Jam Assist) activated, and changes colour depending on what the TJA is doing (standby, active, or whatever).

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Do tell us more about your car, and pictures go in the "Show us yours" thread.

As @Rolfe says, you have TJA selected rather than ACC. This means the car will also try to steer for you as well as maintain the chosen cruise speed (or the speed of the vehicle in front if it is lower). The wheel has the following colour-coded meanings:

White = TJA selected but not active
Green = TJA active (running)
Yellow = TJA selected but not available (e.g. the windscreen camera is obstructed)
Grey = TJA not available due to other things you're doing (e.g. pressing the brake pedal)
Missing = ACC is selected instead of TJA :)

Solution
Whats peoples views on TJA ? I've not used it yet !!

Does it really keep you in lane say on a motorway that well ?

I always use it on the motorway, its driven me for 30 miles without me needed to do anything (except hold the wheel) Even last night in the dark with heavy rain it was faultless.

Used it on some B road too, but its a bit more hit and miss there.

I've never used it in a traffic jam yet :D so the name is slightly misleading lol

Does the ACC come on with it too ? or is it one or the other ?
It comes on too, so will always keep you a set distance behind the car in front.

I did just read in the manual that TJA will follow the car in front at slow speeds when it cannot read the painted lines on the road, never realised that before!
1698685458286.png

Last edited:
I always use it on the motorway, its driven me for 30 miles without me needed to do anything (except hold the wheel) Even last night in the dark with heavy rain it was faultless.

Used it on some B road too, but its a bit more hit and miss there.

I've never used it in a traffic jam yet :D so the name is slightly misleading lol
I used it on a traffic jam during my test drive and it was faultless.

Personally I hate LKA with a fiery passion and never have it on. I have used TJA in a motorway traffic jam at low speeds, when I was pleased with it. (Other than it continually telling me to hold the wheel, which seemed to mean "try to turn the wheel in a different direction from the one the car is turning it in.") However, as soon as the traffic got above about 10 mph, the turning of the steering wheel by the TJA felt like LKA on speed, so I turned it off.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back