When is a MG4s first service due?

MJE

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
We’re looking at buying a 18 month old MG4 with 7,000 miles on the clock from a non-MG dealer. The car hasn’t been serviced but the dealer is saying this isn’t due until 24 months. Does anyone know if this is correct? We’re mainly worried about the warranty being intact. Thanks in advance.

The first service is due at 12 months or 15,000 miles. You would need to ask your local MG dealer if having it serviced at an MG approved garage after 18 months will re-validate the warranty.

Details of the service schedule can be found here

The first service is due at 12 months or 15,000 miles. You would need to ask your local MG dealer if having it serviced at an MG approved garage after 18 months will re-validate the warranty.

Details of the service schedule can be found here
Thanks Ian. The non-MG dealer pointed us at this saying the dashes showed it didn’t need servicing but I wasn’t convinced. Presumably this is more just a visual inspection/updates. Thanks for your help

Thanks Ian. The non-MG dealer pointed us at this saying the dashes showed it didn’t need servicing but I wasn’t convinced. Presumably this is more just a visual inspection/updates. Thanks for your help
If it isn't serviced at the correct times then you won't get the 7 year warranty or free AA cover.

I've just had mine serviced, and yes it's mainly a visual inspection, but it also includes any software safety updates, another 12 months breakdown cover and continuation of the warranty.

To be honest I'd go to an MG dealer especially as the car hasn't been out long and they are still sorting the software bugs out.

I've just had mine serviced, and yes it's mainly a visual inspection, but it also includes any software safety updates, another 12 months breakdown cover and continuation of the warranty.

To be honest I'd go to an MG dealer especially as the car hasn't been out long and they are still sorting the software bugs out.
Thanks Ian. Sounds like the warranty is already voided on this one being sold by a non-MG dealer. Whilst we might be able to get it reinstated, I think we’ll keep looking. Many thanks!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back