When was the my23 (Phase 2) released?

highsider

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
My question is we ordered our Trophy in June and received it in the same month, but it is the MY22 (Phase 1) model.

I'm thinking, should have I received the Phase 2 model?

If you got it that quickly then you've received a car from dealer stock ... factory orders for MY23 cars will need at least 3 months lead time (unless the dealer happened to have a MY23 car in stock from their first delivery batch).

I get that.

But when did the UK market/dealers know that an MY23 would be available to buy?

I had to specify a MY23 on my order form or I would have got a MY22 model.

My dealer already was expecting a delivery of MY23 in mid August, so expect they would have known around June due to lead time.

Of course they played dumb and tried to give me an unregistered MY22 until I asked about the MY23 version.

If they give you a discount on the MY22 that’s great but my dealer wouldn’t discount it as it was pre-reg.

I had to specify a MY23 on my order form or I would have got a MY22 model.

My dealer already was expecting a delivery of MY23 in mid August, so expect they would have known around June due to lead time.

Of course they played dumb and tried to give me an unregistered MY22 until I asked about the MY23 version.

If they give you a discount on the MY22 that’s great but my dealer wouldn’t discount it as it was pre-reg.

I heard there was another update coming, but thought that just applied to the XPower and Extended Range model.

When ordered, the dealer said we would have to wait for around 6 to 9 weeks, which we were fine with, but they called later that week saying they had one available if we wanted it - so we took it.

If we had waited, I suspect we might have received the MY23. I am suspicious they wanted to get rid of stock to make way for the newer models, and we could have been better informed of our options.

I get that.

But when did the UK market/dealers know that an MY23 would be available to buy?
My dealer didn't know. I'm not sure they even knew MY23s were coming - I placed the order in April, and when it arrived to Perrys Aylesbury in the last week of June they were surprised it was different.

Most of the cars being purchased through Salary Sacrifice are tending to be the refreshed 2023 MY ones. I know most of Tuskers ones are anyway. At work we have 3 MG4 Trophy's are the latest version with rear wiper etc.

Rob/Artful

Dealer I used said that any MG4 Trophy that arrived in the UK after May would have been the refreshed version.

It depends on your priorities. Phase 2 positive: One pedal drive. Negative: 7kW AC charging not 11kW like phase 1. Neutral: Rear wiper (not needed as aerodynamics keep the rear screen clear). 18" wheels on the Trophy (personally prefer 17" with fatter tyres due to our crappy roads). 5th head rest (how often are you going to have three in the back?)

I'd ordered Trophy with Tusker and then they cancelled the order next day (few months back) stating "they were over quota and new model coming". I assumed they meant extended range so I left it and started digging around Internet. Found out about the phase 2 and then a couple of weeks later it reappeared on Tusker only difference being 18" wheels as selection. Re-ordered and then told 2 months approx. Since cancelled that and ordered Xpower :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back