• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

My dealer had pre bought cars, and as such are on route. I have bought (sold unseen) and took what they had. In my case is an MG5 LR Exclusive in silver.

Didn't care for the colour so, got what I was given.

If you are wanting an MG, ask if they have any on order already; then see what spec it is:- if it's the one you want. Then buy it.

There is only 2 types, 2 trims and 5 colours.... so not really any point taylor making one, as you will wait 6~ months

(Sorry to hijack the post btw)

On that premise; if you ordered in Sept - then worst case scenario is Feb
Not true I am afraid. My wife ordered in September and it isn't due until March. No idea why hers is due after mine but that's what we have been told.

My LR was ordered November 1st and is due in on march 1st. I'll take a large punch of salt but shouldn't be too long after as the dealer told me that that's on their orders list from MG.

Like I said, if you factory order it, (taylor made) it's going to take 5~6 months imho. I ordered last week and got what I could; arriving before crimbo (hopefully) lol

Not sure they make any to order as such, they just churn out different combos and the way these seem to be attracting interest at the moment they will all be quickly sold - the queue seems to be lengthening!

There are >10,000 UK bound MGs parked up in Shanghai awaiting chips.

The odds are that your car has already been made!

The dealer I was talking to has
150 cars currently built and on the way.
And as he spoke, said they had sold around 95 of them already.
No need to tailor make them, as very few options; so just churn out cars and hopefully ppl will buy them. (As we have).

Good luck with your delivery. 🙂

Last edited:
I ordered mine towards the end of October via Vanarama and they have stated a delivery to dealer on December 20th. Had a couple of calls from them since still with the same date, I'm remaining sceptical but who knows.

I was told by dealer on 15th of Nov that my car is "on the boat".
How have people here been able to find out which boats are carrying MGs and any idea how long it takes once car is on the boat?

I was told by dealer on 15th of Nov that my car is "on the boat".
How have people here been able to find out which boats are carrying MGs and any idea how long it takes once car is on the boat?
I think it’s some detective work looking at ships that carry vehicles etc. My dealer says the car can’t be tracked, but should arrive in Nov as envisaged - which is frustrating as I just want the car and the not knowing is hard 😁

I think it’s some detective work looking at ships that carry vehicles etc. My dealer says the car can’t be tracked, but should arrive in Nov as envisaged - which is frustrating as I just want the car and the not knowing is hard 😁
I know exactly how you feel.
Having ordered on the 22nd August I’m feeling I’ve been forgotten. There are people on here who’ve ordered way after me and have their cars, is there a system to this or do I just have a rubbish dealer?
Frustrated is putting it mildly.

Think it depends which garage you order from and if they have sold their cars they have ordered if they have over ordered then they can sell you 1 if they havnt then have to order another to be shipped.
Believe most the garages are independent dealers. So guess they just order what they can afford/think they can sell.

Do we know how long these ships typically take? Assuming my dealer was correct and mine was put on Ship when I was emailed on 15th Nov, how would I identify a boat holding cars which left around that date?

Think it depends which garage you order from and if they have sold their cars they have ordered if they have over ordered then they can sell you 1 if they havnt then have to order another to be shipped.
Believe most the garages are independent dealers. So guess they just order what they can afford/think they can sell.
I don’t understand your logic here. I am one of the orders. I bought the car in August and it was ordered for me then. I’m thinking 3 months is enough time to at least have some communication from the dealer. Date of delivery on paperwork is 25th September. I called after this date to get an update and was told November which means I’ll hopefully get it in the next week but I haven’t heard anything yet. Other people who ordered in August and some in September have had their cars. The dealer will not be getting any rave reviews from me after I eventually receive my car.

Basically saying that each garage will be different. Not defending your garage. Each garage will be responsible for their own stock. So those getting them sooner probably ordered from a garage that had cars on a ship allready on its way.
I know when I ordered mine it was a few weeks away at sea and should be delivered to garage this week ready for collection. Have been told it is unloaded.

I think what likely happens is some dealers will place orders without necessarily having confirmed buyers, which in the current climate is prob low risk as unlikely they will be sat on the forecourt that long.
Other dealers will possibly order only when ordered by customer, or even if they have sold the batch they ordered without buyers. This method would incur the biggest delays as the customer starts counting from order placement.
My order was from a batch that had already been ordered from the dealer, I could have any as long as it was LR exclusive in white 😃 Not my first choice colour but risked waiting longer so compromised.

Are the people waiting longer for cars, cars that have been bought on the affinity scheme with zero optional extras?

People getting their cars quickly, people who have paid full price or bought gap insurance / diamond brite / refresh plus?

I don’t want to be cynical but is anyone with full discount getting a car quickly?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom