• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

My dealer confirmed to me on 23rd November that I was still on for November delivery and was expecting car any day, this was after looking on the system to check. Surely it would have been taken into account the cockup at Southampton to Portbury by that date?!
I really don't know what to say about the customer service from my dealer, not once have they been in touch to update me on the situation, every communication has been instigated by myself.
My dealer called me to say that my car had arrived on the 3rd and had an expected delivery date on 20th.

The car vanished from the system on 20th as yours would have done om 23rd before resetting as arrived at Portbury later!

MG operations mess up blamed on dealers, who are in the most part clueless as to what happened.

I will ask on the webcast tonight

Would any detectives out there be able to work out which other ships are due into UK soon with more MGs? I was told mine was on boat from China on 15th nov. Dealer doesn't know which boat mine is on.

Last edited:
Mg have been bringing in approx 2500 cars a month. Based on tweets by Bristol port one ship per month accounts for most of them. Mine might appear in December but more realistically I am expecting it in January.

I don't blame the dealer for any of this. I think on occasions they have tried to please me with creative thoughts on delivery dates. I have no problem with a dealer keeping my spirits up with creative talk. Car will turn up when it turns up.

Mg have been bringing in approx 2500 cars a month. Based on tweets by Bristol port one ship per month accounts for most of them. Mine might appear in December but more realistically I am expecting it in January.

I don't blame the dealer for any of this. I think on occasions they have tried to please me with creative thoughts on delivery dates. I have no problem with a dealer keeping my spirits up with creative talk. Car will turn up when it turns up.
I get what you’re saying but I’d rather have the truth as they know it, good or bad.
I’ve had 2 dates now, both not met, so 2 disappointments. I’d rather a realistic or pessimistic date to start with and be pleasantly surprised than the other way round.

Apparently 9000 arrived on 3+ ships in a short while

I get what you’re saying but I’d rather have the truth as they know it, good or bad.
I’ve had 2 dates now, both not met, so 2 disappointments. I’d rather a realistic or pessimistic date to start with and be pleasantly surprised than the other way round.
I agree- my dealer said January when I ordered mid September. Of course I will be feeling the same as you if it turns out to be March!!

I had it confirmed last week that my nee MG5 LR was assigned a VIN and was in UK, just waiting for it to be delivered to the dealership and they had asked MG to try and prioritise it.
So was meant to be November but reckon could be this week/next.

Just had an update from dealership, who I must say has been superb to date in answering my questions and putting up with me asking for updates 😁

Car should be delivered this week and provisionally picking up on Saturday. Hopefully provides some hope to others that deliveries are now happening.

Just had an update from dealership, who I must say has been superb to date in answering my questions and putting up with me asking for updates 😁

Car should be delivered this week and provisionally picking up on Saturday. Hopefully provides some hope to others that deliveries are now happening.
Which dealership and when did you order ? I am still waiting and have had no news.

Just ordered a Piccadilly Blue MG5 today having test driven one yesterday and loved it! Mangoletsi are saying February for mine

Which dealership and when did you order ? I am still waiting and have had no news.
Hi I ordered from Luscombe’s in Leeds. There are several MG dealers in Yorkshire but I would say Luscombe’s differentiate themselves on customer service.

Hi I ordered from Luscombe’s in Leeds. There are several MG dealers in Yorkshire but I would say Luscombe’s differentiate themselves on customer service.
Yep same here, bought my ZS EV from them and now the 5LR on order. When did you order ?

Yep same here, bought my ZS EV from them and now the 5LR on order. When did you order ?
Just looking back it was around 8/9th October. The cars were already ordered so wasn’t a new order as such but just allocating one of the vehicles on the way.

Just looking back it was around 8/9th October. The cars were already ordered so wasn’t a new order as such but just allocating one of the vehicles on the way.
That's disappointing for me. I ordered end of September. 🙁 :mad:

What colour have you got, I ordered blue ?

I suspect Affinity orders are maybe being sent to the back of the queue.

Just heard from garage. My car arrived with them today. So just sorting car and paperwork then ready to collect. Probably beginning of next week.
Mines an affinity scheme. And was supposed to be a month wait will have been 6 weeks if arrives next week.

That's disappointing for me. I ordered end of September. 🙁 :mad:

What colour have you got, I ordered blue ?

I suspect Affinity orders are maybe being sent to the back of the queue.
Mine is white as the batch I ordered from was all white so didn’t have a colour choice.

Just heard from garage. My car arrived with them today. So just sorting car and paperwork then ready to collect. Probably beginning of next week.
Mines an affinity scheme. And was supposed to be a month wait will have been 6 weeks if arrives next week.
So jealous, now 10 weeks+ and counting. 😬

After complaining to the MG Head of sales I got a call that my car stuck somewhere in the UK since 3rd November was being delivered tomorrow!

My MG5 arrived late on a Tuesday afternoon and was ready for collection early on the Friday, although I could have got it late on the Thursday afternoon. As yours has arrived relatively early on a Wednesday, if the dealers got their finger out, I’m sure that it would be available for collection by the Saturday at the latest.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom