When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

Hooray just heard mine arrived in the country on 10th Dec. Do those that have already received their car know how long it typically takes between arriving in country and taking ownership?
It took a month for me. Car arrived on the big shipment at beginning of November and eventually got it 11th December. May not have been aided by the fact that my salesperson was off sick for over a week at end of November/beginning of December or I may have got it a bit earlier.

Seems to be pot luck, I ordered beginning of October and still being told end of Jan earliest.

Just had confirmation mines built and waiting for a boat. Delivery to the Dealer 8th March (ordered early Sept) LR Exclusive in Silver.

I’ve ordered my MG5 LR on 25/10 and got an estimated delivery of 31/1/22.
I’ve ordered through a lease scheme through the NHS and have known cars deliver earlier than estimated. Did people get information on registration and shipping via dealer?

My understanding is dealer doesn't get the vin until its landed in the UK. Then they can get a reg assigned.

Order to delivery timeframe seems to vary by huge orders of magnitude customer to customer. I know some leasing companies bulk ordered months ago based on projected demand, and are able to allocate that stock to customers that only recently ordered.

I ordered 1 nov and went to complete my finance agreement this week was told the delivery date has come forward to 28th Feb, but obviously don't want it until march 1st which was when I asked for it. There's a huge disparity between order dates and deliveries

Ordered middle of September and was told last week to expect it at end of January. Hoping it is on this ship that has come from Shanghai Hoegh Transporter

Ordered middle of September and was told last week to expect it at end of January. Hoping it is on this ship that has come from Shanghai Hoegh Transporter
Sounds about the same as me- I ordered end Sept and have always been told January. Am fully expecting it to be the end of the month!

Ohhh, now then. My dealer said my motor was arriving before Christmas. If not then, then I would have it just after.
I hope to think it's on this new transporter you speak about 😄

Mine was supposed to be early January (through work) but as of yet they haven't had a confirmed delivery date with MG 😔

Mine arrived in Portbury on 10th Dec. I was hoping it would be with me by Xmas alas it is still in Portbury awaiting transport.
Everything in service dept is now shut down until 5th so that will be earliest.
Unrelated question, does anyone know of a compatible ODB2 app for the MG5 LR? I would like to check the battery when I eventually pick up the car to make sure it is 100% SOH.

At some point in the last week, mines been put on a boat, the dealer is expecting it to them Mid-Feb, obviously PDI etc brings that neatly to a 1st March registration and a 6 month wait.

Now to stalk the boat and watch the shipping weather ¬_¬

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom