When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

Late Oct Luscolmbe dealer in Leeds already had a few on a boat arriving before Crimbo but not yet sold. So I just bought one of them.

Not the colour I wanted but heyho! Spec I wanted and an acute timeline, other than getting one built.👍

At some point in the last week, mines been put on a boat, the dealer is expecting it to them Mid-Feb, obviously PDI etc brings that neatly to a 1st March registration and a 6 month wait.

Now to stalk the boat and watch the shipping weather ¬_¬
Any idea which boat? 😃

At a complete guess... I'm watching the EUPHRATES HIGHWAY, it docked in China on the 25th which would align with when mine moved from awaiting shipment to on a ship. And also aligns with the timescale of it docking early Feb. Of course, I'm probably wrong, but it gives me something occupy my impatience.

At some point in the last week, mines been put on a boat, the dealer is expecting it to them Mid-Feb, obviously PDI etc brings that neatly to a 1st March registration and a 6 month wait.

Now to stalk the boat and watch the shipping weather

Now to stalk the boat and watch the shipping weather ¬_¬
Do you know the ship it is on?

No, dealer had no information. Just that it was on a boat. None of the usual suspects look viable, the EUPHRATES HIGHWAY looks a good suspect, but is still docked in Shanghai, so could also be wrong.

I ordered end November. I was told by the brand ambassador for MG at Mangoletsi that they have 6th May on their system. But it was showing the same for all MGs for orders from September to now so he thinks it's not accurate. I'll find out more tomorrow.

I ordered end November. I was told by the brand ambassador for MG at Mangoletsi that they have 6th May on their system. But it was showing the same for all MGs for orders from September to now so he thinks it's not accurate. I'll find out more tomorrow.
That brand ambassador sounds really smart.

Man! I waited 4 months for my MG5 Exclusive back in 2019, and thought that was a long time! Glad i got in the EV game early

A brand ambassador does sound pretty pompous I know! He called me back to say it will be delivered before 6th May but will only know once the car is being made.

Well that was an interesting segue eh!
Anywho, is there a definitive date for the next delivery or are we all just speculating? I ask cos my "inbetweeny" car has just let me down, clutch exploding at a junction.... Could really do with knowing if my 5 is going to be earlier than 1st March before I sploosh a load of cash on this POS Avensis!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom