When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

I have just called my dealer to chase my order. I ordered early November and was originally quoted January. When I spoke to them before Christmas I got told April. Having just spoken to them they cannot now offer a date as it hasn't hit the production line yet. Bit frustrating but suppose there are a lot of people in the same situation.

Any ideas how long it roughly takes after production starts?

Urgh, guess I'll call the dealer tomorrow and check on my eta, need to know if I won't get it in March as the daily needs to shoes and insurance.

I think a lot of dealers must be making out that the timescale is shorter than it is in reality. I ordered in September and my dealer said January, which seemed like ages and longer than others who ordered at a similar time were told. However he contacted me bang in the middle of the month (15th Jan) to tell me he had the car and I picked it up last Friday. I couldn't have asked for a better estimate, especially as if I had had to wait another couple of months I would definitely have needed at least one new tyre on my trade-in vehicle.

Last edited:
Looking at the Bristol Port website there are far more ships in and out than make their twitter account. Several car carriers this week and last week, hopefully some were/are carrying MGs.

That’s dated 1 November.
10/10 for observation but I think the OP was referring to the fact we may get an announcement about the next ship that has a significant number there too.

Miles mentioned in the podcast there is a delivery of a few thousand MGs due in late February so a shipment as big as that will hopefully make the Twitter page.

10/10 for observation but I think the OP was referring to the fact we may get an announcement about the next ship that has a significant number there too.

Miles mentioned in the podcast there is a delivery of a few thousand MGs due in late February so a shipment as big as that will hopefully make the Twitter page.
I've been led to believe my delivery will be mid march, so that sort of tallies with a landing about the middle of feb. With the distribution difficulties currently being felt across the world, a month from Bristol doesn't seem too hard to achieve for the dealers. I HOPE though that they're spinning me a yarn and will surprise me by delivering on March 1st.

I'm eternally optimistic!!

Looking at the Bristol Port website there are far more ships in and out than make their twitter account. Several car carriers this week and last week, hopefully some were/are carrying MGs.
Hi Port of Bristol is the larger entity you need to pay attention to Royal Portbury dock as that that is where the import vehicle carriers land.

11,000 MG cars due by end of FEB 22. But that's all types. There will be a lot of ICE cars and a fair few MG5, HS PHEV, etc but only 500 or so new ZS EV SR, and 100 or so ZS EV LR only. Guy Pigounakis gave this info in answer to a question to Miles from me. Check out the last Podcast.

ISTR the big carriers have 2000 - 2500 cars onboard. I wondered when mine was coming whether not all of the boat's capacity were destined for the UK and whether some were for mainland Europe or elsewhere. IIRC the boat seemed to be stopping in Egypt at some point too.

Just checked with my dealer, still expecting the vehicle to them on the 14th Feb, in time for a 1st March registration. This date hasn't moved in the last 3 weeks, so seems to be fairly solid.

My understanding is SAIC have a few of their own boats but are also buying spare capacity on others, so it's a total guess which one it's coming on. Portbury are going to be very busy unloading boats in Feb.

Hi Port of Bristol is the larger entity you need to pay attention to Royal Portbury dock as that that is where the import vehicle carriers land.
Yes, but their website shows which ships are docking at Portbury and which at Avonmouth. Looks like the Guardian Highway is heading in to port now having missed last nights high tide. It is a vehicle carrier which has come from the East. Looks like the journey from China takes around 4 weeks from what I can tell, but I'm no expert in logistics or shipping, just someone who wants to know when they will get their new car!

Yes, but their website shows which ships are docking at Portbury and which at Avonmouth. Looks like the Guardian Highway is heading in to port now having missed last nights high tide. It is a vehicle carrier which has come from the East. Looks like the journey from China takes around 4 weeks from what I can tell, but I'm no expert in logistics or shipping, just someone who wants to know when they will get their new car!
In the way Port of Bristol may not alert all ships on Twitter (but show big arrivals from a single manufacturer), their website hardly ever says which manufacturer has cars on what ship so why not do both? or neither.

11,000 MG cars due by end of FEB 22. But that's all types. There will be a lot of ICE cars and a fair few MG5, HS PHEV, etc but only 500 or so new ZS EV SR, and 100 or so ZS EV LR only. Guy Pigounakis gave this info in answer to a question to Miles from me. Check out the last Podcast.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom