When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

Hmmm. I spoke to my dealer today and after ordering on November 1st, they told me the earliest it would be was march 1st, which was fine. Then, a week or so later, that slipped to 22nd March, and today, could be first week in April.....
Something to do with a global semiconductor shortage... Who knew.

MG have huge advantages over their EU competitors on this.

1 - They are still building the cars unabated just minus the chip
2 - They are next to the factory making the chips

MG have huge advantages over their EU competitors on this.

1 - They are still building the cars unabated just minus the chip
2 - They are next to the factory making the chips
That's all well and good, but if said factory ain't pumping out and semiconductors, it's not much use! Unless the MG engineers are doing midnight barrow jobs and sneaking in to produce their own!

(I know where you're coming from though, jk!)

We ordered 5LR Exclusive in early Nov and advised delivery early new year. We got a call from the dealer today to say they have found a batch of cars available one of which matches our choice of colour, Westminster silver. Apparently these cars must be registered before the end of the year with delivery to us forecast first week of January. It sounded a bit odd but we're happy to go with it!

We ordered 5LR Exclusive in early Nov and advised delivery early new year. We got a call from the dealer today to say they have found a batch of cars available one of which matches our choice of colour, Westminster silver. Apparently these cars must be registered before the end of the year with delivery to us forecast first week of January. It sounded a bit odd but we're happy to go with it!
This also happened to me but I have been offered the Blue colour, initially ordered Black. Worth the colour swap to get it much earlier

Does anyone have any more recent news on new deliveries?
Do we know of any shipments arriving?
I think mine is still on sea since mid-nov. Ordered 6th October.

I'm starting to get frustrated that people that ordered after me are already driving around in their nice new shiny, yet I keep getting told the date has slipped.

Have I made the mistake of using the wrong dealer? Is it because I'm not trading in? Or the rather generous infinity deal? A combination?

Every day I drive to work at the cost of £11.20 in diesel it hurts to know that would be around a £1 on octopus Go.. Or infact free because work has more solar than we can export.

I'm starting to get frustrated that people that ordered after me are already driving around in their nice new shiny, yet I keep getting told the date has slipped.

Have I made the mistake of using the wrong dealer? Is it because I'm not trading in? Or the rather generous infinity deal? A combination?

Every day I drive to work at the cost of £11.20 in diesel it hurts to know that would be around a £1 on octopus Go.. Or infact free because work has more solar than we can export.
Me too. I ordered from a large and respected MG dealer towards the end of September and have no date as of yet.

I'd be calling round other dealers to see if they had anything better.

My wait wasn't initially supposed to be too long but it turned out best part of a month more than originally stated, though it would have been more on time were it not for a cock-up with the import and, as a result, the delivery.

Every day I drive to work at the cost of £11.20 in diesel it hurts to know that would be around a £1 on octopus Go.. Or infact free because work has more solar than we can export
I look at it differently. The car is now being sold for more than I paid for it.... And will be even more in January after the price increase. Added to that I haven't lost any money due to depreciation. And finally when mine arrives it will be newer than those who got theirs before me.

Hopefully not long to go now....

I think I may be one of those people. As my 15yr old diesel was slowly dying delivery date was very important to me and the dealer told me he already had 5 cars coming in at the end of the month that I ordered one. I assume that means the dealership pre-ordered. A few other places were at the time (late September) advertising they had cars in stock but we couldn't get hold of those dealerships. If I had been originally told January/February like some others then I wouldn't have placed the order. My car still arrived 5-6 weeks later than the very initial date, and I think only 2 arrived of the 5. But I'm not the dealer so don't know all the details 😅, just that I am very happy with my car and we survived the extra wait just about (ie we considered hiring a car but managed several work arounds). Affinity deal, no trade in.
I would happily recommend the dealership to others, and they are localish to me (about an hour away, less from work).
I do like long range Dave's view on it all, very positive.

Congrats! I ordered a couple weeks ago now and am being told early March for delivery. Very excited as I have ordered the car (through a salary sacrifice scheme) sight unseen - not only have a never test driven one, but I've never seen one on the road! Replacing a 7 year old 3 door suzuki swift: expecting it to be a look more practical with 2 kids and a dog!

Congrats! I ordered a couple weeks ago now and am being told early March for delivery. Very excited as I have ordered the car (through a salary sacrifice scheme) sight unseen - not only have a never test driven one, but I've never seen one on the road! Replacing a 7 year old 3 door suzuki swift: expecting it to be a look more practical with 2 kids and a dog!
A ‘leap of faith’ in which I don’t think you will regret. I ordered the MG5LR after looking at several other EVs including the Skoda Enyaq as I have had three Skodas before and really wanted that to be my choice but the MG swayed it in quite a few areas - including price! May I recommend getting a rubberized boot tray as you have a dog. Good place for this is CarMats.co.uk. Muddy dogs can be very wet and muddy!

A ‘leap of faith’ in which I don’t think you will regret. I ordered the MG5LR after looking at several other EVs including the Skoda Enyaq as I have had three Skodas before and really wanted that to be my choice but the MG swayed it in quite a few areas - including price! May I recommend getting a rubberized boot tray as you have a dog. Good place for this is CarMats.co.uk. Muddy dogs can be very wet and muddy!
Yeah we looked at the Enyaq - seems lovely and it would have been our first choice but we prefer FWD over RWD in winter, and the AWD version was quite expensive, especially compared to MG5LR. Thanks for the boot liner recommendation.

I reckon that'll turn out to be a nice Christmas pressie, towards the end of next week, if your dealer is any good.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom