When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

Ordered a LR exclusive on 26th November with a projected delivery date of 31st March. Had a call in Feb from the dealer to say should be available 1st March:). Then found out delivery was 7th March:(. On 11th March dealer said stock being delivered this week:).Today no reply to my enquiry about its whereabouts😩. Maybe it will turn up one day...
Ordered LR exclusive in red back in September, at present last I heard it was due in June/July. Not getting any updates from dealer.

As previously mentioned my order is a lease through work. Had an email today asking for my permission to pass my name and address to the local dealer to finalise the PICG.

Unfortunately they neglected to answer my question of whether the vehicle is in the country or what level of the grant I'll receive (ordered September but if they're only asking for my details now I doubt they filled it out back then).

I assume they must have my vehicle at the dealership, as to ask for my details they must have a vehicle (VIN or Reg) with which to register it with?

Is there a way to see what vehicles have been recently registered?

My dealer sent me an image of a line from their order/manifest which shows my name against the model ordered, date into UK, etc. along with a VIN number. I think this was to assure me that the order had been processed and that things were moving along. I tried searching the VIN number but nothing doing, but that may be normal I suppose. Still no sign of a car though.

Don't think so, why not just ask the dealer?

The dealer won't talk to me (or at least not up to this point) as they didn't have my name against an order - it's in the leasing companies name.

I was merely wondering if anyone knew the process for registering the grant and if, by asking for my details, it was likely they actually had their hands on the vehicle.

The grant needed to be registered before the cut off in December. Doesn't need a vin, just make model price and customer information.

Some dealers were reluctant to register as soon as you ordered in case they were forced to increase the price by MG and were left holding a loss.

You should get £1500 grant if it wasn't already registered, or £2500 if it was. This comes off the final cost of the vehicle, unlike affinity that comes off pre-taxes.

Edit to add: the fact the leasing company is passing on your details now, would imply the vehicle is either there or imminent.

Thanks, I guess in my case they're only just doing it as only now they are asking for my personal details. We will see!

It means my current cost will decrease by either £40 or £70 per month, so not complaining either way but the £70 would be nicer 🤣

Maybe now the dealer will talk to me as they have my details but will give them a week or so to process things before I start hassling them.

collecting my team silver on Tuesday but a little concerned at sales guy saying they hadnt received confirmation of the grant (ordered before reduction). As "deal" was done including the grant surely they will honour it? Not my fault if they didnt apply for grant in time???

contacted my dealer today for an update On my LR exclusive in team red. Told me it is ‘on sea and I should still be getting in June’. Obviously on a Slow Boat from China.
Annoying when same dealer is advertising 3 new of the same due in soon, described as in transit/preparation.

I got a call from the sales manager at Arnold Clark Linwood 3 weeks ago asking me to change my original chioce of red MG5LR as they couldn't get it here until August. I opted for blue from a choice of silver,black or blue, white not getting here until end of April. The date given for my new choice of colour was 21st of March or sooner. Over the laast 10 days 12 black MG5LR and 9 silver MG5LR have been delivered, does anyone else think this is the biggest PI$$ take ever

I guess it depends what they load up at the port, maybe blue was the first to come off the ship so is now at the back of the car park. Who knows, but my blue one might have arrived also (no sign of delivery yet).

contacted my dealer today for an update On my LR exclusive in team red. Told me it is ‘on sea and I should still be getting in June’. Obviously on a Slow Boat from China.
Annoying when same dealer is advertising 3 new of the same due in soon, described as in transit/preparation.
Friend contacted dealer and asked what the delivery time was on one of the mg5s they were advertising as in transit/preparation. They were told delivery would be July. Where are they coming from if they are taking over 4 months to be delivered and they are supposedly already in transit?
Surely this is false advertising.

collecting my team silver on Tuesday but a little concerned at sales guy saying they hadnt received confirmation of the grant (ordered before reduction). As "deal" was done including the grant surely they will honour it? Not my fault if they didnt apply for grant in time???
Well that was disappointing!!!! Car is on site and ready to go but I cant have it as the gov grant hasnt come through? Does this sound right or is dealer uneconomical with the truth?

Well it's driving up the secondhand market and even when they arrive I doubt it will be enough cars to cover the orders and commitments they already have. I'm glad I only wanted white as last October I managed to walk into a deal and buy one and drive it away after a few days. Wonder if that has happened in the past 4months?

Well it's driving up the secondhand market and even when they arrive I doubt it will be enough cars to cover the orders and commitments they already have. I'm glad I only wanted white as last October I managed to walk into a deal and buy one and drive it away after a few days. Wonder if that has happened in the past 4months?
It is still happening. I got my Silver MG5 EV in seven days. Just got an HS PHEV within two weeks to pickup on Saturday. Obviously choice on colour was limited but had choice of both trims.

Well that was disappointing!!!! Car is on site and ready to go but I cant have it as the gov grant hasnt come through? Does this sound right or is dealer uneconomical with the truth?
I 'think' that may be what's delaying mine... They're 'finalising' the grant apparently...

My order has had an update in the past couple days. Signed lease on 14th feb. 12-16wks leadtime

Now showing 9-12 so at least its an update. This should make it ready around last week of may/mid june. Hoping next update in a month would be good enough info for me so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220326-210254_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220326-210254_Chrome.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 104
Just had a phone call and update from the dealer. Apparently MG have hidden the visibility of orders, But he still thinks delivery in June. (ordered 28/02/22)

Im not holding my breath.

I have the same problem Peterch, seemingly the delay reason is that all who ordered in Nov (not just MG) are being held up as the Gov announced the grant reduction and there was a huge influx of orders to beat the drop in the grant therefore the government dept. is snowed under with grant apps which when released goes to MG then on to dealer to allow registration of the car so....my dealer still doesn't know when this will happen, my car -MG5 LR, is sitting at the dealers awaiting clearance :-(

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom