When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

Hi all. Am a newbie. Just ordered my lease mg5 through work salary sacrifice scheme. I've just been advised likely delivery is Oct 2022 😭 is this really the case? I thought the MG5 wasnt too long a wait time at the moment and had previously been quoted June.

I ordered a blue LR on salary sacrifice (tusker) mid October and it was due late Jan, then late march and now late may so October might be optimistic sadly :/

Hi all. Am a newbie. Just ordered my lease mg5 through work salary sacrifice scheme. I've just been advised likely delivery is Oct 2022 😭 is this really the case? I thought the MG5 wasnt too long a wait time at the moment and had previously been quoted June.
Ordered back in Sept. After 3 delays now due June. So I would advise you not to expect before this date. If chip issue gets sorted then Oct sounds realistic.

I ordered a blue LR on salary sacrifice (tusker) mid October and it was due late Jan, then late march and now late may so October might be optimistic sadly :/
I ordered mine with Tusker in November and have just taken delivery. Keep pestering your supplying dealer. That’s how I managed it.

Not sure pestering can make much difference really, it just depends whether they already have an unallocated or cancelled order or whether you become a new order from the factory. In fact the dealer seemed about the least informed and able to influence IMO.

Not sure pestering can make much difference really, it just depends whether they already have an unallocated or cancelled order or whether you become a new order from the factory. In fact the dealer seemed about the least informed and able to influence IMO.
Worked for me. Dealerships often have cancelled ordered and also bulk order without an allocation. Worth being at the front of their mind!. Changing your colour choice can also reduce your lead time massively.

Ah nevermind. I've advised them I'd be happy with red (I've ordered blue). They are saying it's currently 4-6 months but that they've seen some cars go beyond that. I'll make sure to check in with them every few weeks.

Ah nevermind. I've advised them I'd be happy with red (I've ordered blue). They are saying it's currently 4-6 months but that they've seen some cars go beyond that. I'll make sure to check in with them every few weeks.
Just picked up my 5LR in red and its an amazing colour had several compliments re how amazing it is ...so you wont be disappointed if you get the tricolour red

Just picked up my 5LR in red and its an amazing colour had several compliments re how amazing it is ...so you wont be disappointed if you get the tricolour red
Just ‘cos it’s clean and shiny and show-offable. I’ll need to go and clean and polish our mucky old one now 🤣🤣🤣
Nice one Mr D - at last eh ?

Aye worth the wait Arch, contact you next week for a coffee and a charge :) and...
anyone else that fancy's an EV chat
Brilliant Eddie- wish you lots of fine safe red motoring. We have our Granddaughter here next week from USA.
If possible could we let that slip to the following week ?
We came over to the Castleview hub for a fill and can’t move for ev’s there this morning. So tongue in cheek came round past the SEPA office and it’s deserted 🤷‍♂️ So soaking up a bunch of freebies.
Just about to leave 👌👌👌

Brilliant Eddie- wish you lots of fine safe red motoring. We have our Granddaughter here next week from USA.
If possible could we let that slip to the following week ?
We came over to the Castleview hub for a fill and can’t move for ev’s there this morning. So tongue in cheek came round past the SEPA office and it’s deserted 🤷‍♂️ So soaking up a bunch of freebies.
Just about to leave 👌👌👌
Sneaky ... I find the chargers at the Vue cinema/Beefeaters area are more likely to get a free fill-up.
No probs. with a rain check but I've a wee eye op on the 11th (Cataract) so cant drive for a few days after op. drop you a line when awe better..
Hope you granddaughter is enjoying our hot sunny weather :-(

Sneaky ... I find the chargers at the Vue cinema/Beefeaters area are more likely to get a free fill-up.
No probs. with a rain check but I've a wee eye op on the 11th (Cataract) so cant drive for a few days after op. drop you a line when awe better..
Hope you granddaughter is enjoying our hot sunny weather :-(
Never used those chargers - must investigate. Good luck with the eye op Eddie.

Now I feel like someone has been winding me up... I ordered my car (Black 5 LR) on 1st December the estimated delivery date on the order form was 31st March... I picked up my car from MG Preston yesterday 31st March.

The lady there couldn't understand what all the fuss was about!

Good luck to all those still hanging on.

Always sincere
Martin

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom