Where do you have the home wall charger located?

Where would you have your Home Wall Charger (WHC) fitted?

• Front of house, between front door and window.

• Inside open porch.

• Side of house, close to front.

• Side wall on front of house.

• Inside garage.

• Somewhere on the side of house.

• Somewhere else, not visible.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Today I had the Easee One fitted.
The electrician did a nice job and I am very pleased with the look and location position. From far away some people would think it's a post box.

Not sure if the LED strip could be dimmed at night. Maybe I'll send Easee a note for a possible firmware option that it would give dimming control in weekly programmed timing, after all, the charger can already by programmed for charge times.
Great choice! Had my Easee One installed 2 months ago and works great.

With regards to the LED, you can actually control the brightness thru the app. I opted to switch the LED off when not in use, deactivate and lock it.
80C11557-339E-4010-A207-C3106AF45A67.jpeg
EB4FA0C5-8E72-45D6-A9E9-5F9D0CEA21B0.jpeg

Yeah - but you don’t want the cable interacting with any of the body panels / paint work of their cars.
When you reserve in, the charging port could be further away from the wall box.
You need enough cable I order to prevent a trip hazard or from strangling any of your guests 🤣.
Mines like yours Geoff just inside integral garage Zappi 2 With 6mtr cable wish I had got the 7.5 instead just in case but it’s not ineeded with the 5 it’s no problem
Les

Mines like yours Geoff just inside integral garage Zappi 2 With 6mtr cable wish I had got the 7.5 instead just in case but it’s not ineeded with the 5 it’s no problem
Les
Hi Les - Yeah, when I refurb my Rolec wall box last year, I did also replace the old 5 year old supplied tethered 5m cable, with a longer 7.5m cable.
Now the cable will pretty much reach the end of my drive way.
Not necessary to reach the front of the ZS or a MG5 of course, but if I have visitors staying with a charging port on the rear wing, like the VW E.Golf etc then it will still reach just fine.
For charging the MG it could be seen as a "Sledge hammer to crack a nut" but I have built in a bit of future proofing Les.
It was only an extra £25 for the longer length cable at the time, bit of a no brainer really.
Jeff.

Great choice! Had my Easee One installed 2 months ago and works great.

With regards to the LED, you can actually control the brightness thru the app. I opted to switch the LED off when not in use, deactivate and lock it.
View attachment 9777View attachment 9778
YES! Thanks for the heads-up, I have just found the setting for it and switched the LED strip off. This is great. I am debating if to switch the robot off from the app as I don't know when I will be receiving the car, not soon I believe. But maybe better leaving it on, incase of firmware updates.

Do you use the WIFI?
Mine is not connected yet, I think the electrician supposed to do it, as he asked for the SSID and password.
What would the WiFi do different from the built in cellular connection?

Last edited:
Agreed.
Start by using a small ( 8 - 10 mm ) extension masonry drill, to first establish your exit point.
Ideally this would be produced from the outside of the property first, starting in a cross section of a mortar joint on the brick work outside, this will prevent brick blow out.
However, not many trades will do this, as they are very concerned about blowing any internal plaster work on the inside ( if any ) so they will drill from the inside out, almost guaranteeing face brick blow out straight away.
So once you have your small pilot hole drilled, place a piece of strong tape over the hole and then pass the drill bit back into the hole, when it hits the back of the tape, pull the drill back about 15mm and wrap a small piece of tape around the shank of the drill at this point.
Then before opening up the size of the hole to the next intermediate size, transfer that mark onto the slightly larger drill bit.
Commence by opening up the size of the hole with hammer action until ON until you get close to the mark on the shank of the drill bit, at this point stop drilling and turn OFF the hammer action and ease back on the pressure applied to the rear of the drill, let the drill cut through slowly.
When you break through, repeat the process again with the final finish size drill, to accept the supply cable.
This method will massively reduces the damaged caused to the external brick work.
It's not rocket science, just good working practice.
Would they follow this good practice ?.
NO of course not, just bang a single 15 - 18 mm hole straight through, from the inside out, on full hammer action, using a machine with much more powerful than it is necessary, and by pushing as hard as they can on the back of it !.
Then blow the complete back out of one face brick ( if you are really lucky ).
Oh ......... But don't worry, because before you can see it, they will have applied mastic to one of horrible plastic cover plates, that covers the mess they just made to your brick work.
Time is money and they do NOT intend to take any longer than necessary with running / routing that supply cable.
The wall box mounting, is four holes marked through the back cover, then four holes and four plugs and four screws, pretty hard to get that wrong ???.
To me, the difference between a good neat install and a untidy rough eyesore, is the choice of cable routing, followed by how the holes are produced in the structure of the property and any clipping of the cable.
Rear entering the cable into the wall box ( if possible ) has to be the neatest solution, as any brick work damage caused, can be hidden by the rear case of the wall box.
I have been in the building industry for a long time and worked around other trades. I can honestly say that very few traders that I met, actually take pride in their work but still charge allot of money. They get away with it because not many people would complain about it.

I have been in the building industry for a long time and worked around other trades. I can honestly say that very few traders that I met, actually take pride in their work but still charge allot of money. They get away with it because not many people would complain about it.
I 100% agree with that conclusion.
My daughter and son-in-law has recently bought their new dream home, it was built by a local builder who lives in a similar property, next door.
There is only three properties on a single huge plot and is finished to a very high standard.
not wanting to put a price on this property, but you would need a tide Lotto win to buy it.
The first contractor to enter this brand new two week old house, that was outside of the control of the builder, was "Open Reach" to install the much require broadband for my son-in-law's job.
Contractor arrives, enters the expensive new property without any overshoes etc.
Drills a hole from in inside out, behind where the TV would be sited, brings in the cable and leaves quickly.
My son is on a urgent call and does not get chase to check his work until later.
Goes outside, to see a hole drilled smack right through the middle of a face brick and the whole middle of the blown face brick, is just left on the path !!!.
This was right on the front of the house, not around the corner where it would have been less obvious.
Oh No - That would taken a bit of thinking about.
He rang BT to complain and they said, because they where very busy with work, they often sub contracted the work out !.
You right, some of these people are rough as they come and have little or no regard for other peoples homes or belongings.

YES! Thanks for the heads-up, I have just found the setting for it and switched the LED strip off. This is great. I am debating if to switch the robot off from the app as I don't know when I will be receiving the car, not soon I believe. But maybe better leaving it on, incase of firmware updates.

Do you use the WIFI?
Mine is not connected yet, I think the electrician supposed to do it, as he asked for the SSID and password.
What would the WiFi do different from the built in cellular connection?
I think you will still receive firmware updates regardless (switched on or off) as I had 2 updates through the app.

My Easee One is connected via wifi since day one, I have not tried yet the cellular connectivity but through wifi, the stability & fast connection is flawless.

If you haven’t connected your Easee One via wifi, just check and follow the link attached for the step by step guide👇🏻

Unfortunately I have to agree to the extent that I try to do as much of the work as possible and only call in tradesmen when absolutely necessary. In the past I have done electrics, plumbing, laying concrete, built studwork etc.. I have tried brickwork in the past and soon recognised that if I want something that I am happy with in the long term then a brickie is needed.
I do call in more people recently due to health issues but there is no sign of improvement. Because it now has to be certificated I did have to use an electrician for my renovation but since then I have had to deal with wires falling out of switches and plugs when removed for decorating, had to rewire the heating system so it actually made sense when I added another zone. In the main isolator box I found a length of blue neutral wire had been used as an earth lead.

I think you will still receive firmware updates regardless (switched on or off) as I had 2 updates through the app.

My Easee One is connected via wifi since day one, I have not tried yet the cellular connectivity but through wifi, the stability & fast connection is flawless.

If you haven’t connected your Easee One via wifi, just check and follow the link attached for the step by step guide👇🏻

Some good information there. Thanks!
I noted that they recommend to use 3 phase wiring, incase someone wants to add more robots later on.
My installation was done with twin and earth.

Trying to figure out where will my new home charger should be located for own drive parking.

It would be good to know the UK trend to see what is sociably liked or disliked. Could this impact on the value of your property?
Mine is just inside garage automatic door closes onto it no problem for charging outside, charging inside when cold weather. Having it inside protects it from the elements.

I think in terms of selling a property it is either irrelevant or a plus point, rarely negative. Mine is visible as you approach down the driveway. The soffit is quite deep just above so rarely gets wet.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom