Who has done the most miles?

weedavemac

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just wondering how many miles you have all done in your MG 5 please?
I am looking to buy one to use as a taxi and was curious about reliability for those who have done higher mileages.
Thanks

That is a good number. Is there a way to see if your battery has degraded at all?
Last time I checked it was 100% when I next fully charge, maybe tomorrow I will be able to take some readings, but my voltage on fully charge still shows 449 volts and 163 miles in Normal when all mileage records are reset.

Last time I checked it was 100% when I next fully charge, maybe tomorrow I will be able to take some readings, but my voltage on fully charge still shows 449 volts and 163 miles in Normal when all mileage records are reset.
That's good news - thanks for the feedback

11,000 miles in 6 months, no issues, drive 100 miles motorway and 30 in London most days. As the weather is getting hotter the range is improving alot. Winter I was down to 25% After a return journey, now have 40% remaining and that's normal driving not ev style!

11,000 miles in 6 months, no issues, drive 100 miles motorway and 30 in London most days. As the weather is getting hotter the range is improving alot. Winter I was down to 25% After a return journey, now have 40% remaining and that's normal driving not ev style!
thank you for sharing. That's impressive mileage in 6 months and impressive range too.

How are the tyres wearing? I read somewhere of a Taxi operator who had covered over 16,000 miles, but said he was disappointed at the Bridgestone tyres, which were worn out at 11,000.

Wondering whether this is due to the extra weight of batteries or whether he was just unlucky with a poor quality set of tyres

How are the tyres wearing? I read somewhere of a Taxi operator who had covered over 16,000 miles, but said he was disappointed at the Bridgestone tyres, which were worn out at 11,000.

Wondering whether this is due to the extra weight of batteries or whether he was just unlucky with a poor quality set of tyres
They were probably over inflated, and wore out in the middle. My ex demo from Luscombe's was supplied with 2.8 bar rather than 2.2. So far I've tried 2.8, 2.5, and now the recommended 2.2 bar, and haven't noticed any difference in range, but the 2.2 should be better for wear, and certainly rides better in my view.

They were probably over inflated, and wore out in the middle. My ex demo from Luscombe's was supplied with 2.8 bar rather than 2.2. So far I've tried 2.8, 2.5, and now the recommended 2.2 bar, and haven't noticed any difference in range, but the 2.2 should be better for wear, and certainly rides better in my view.
Thanks for this information PJ. It reminded me that I haven't checked mine since collecting the car. Must do it ASAP

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom