Whose charge port door has snapped off?

I don’t know anyone who has said on the forum that they have broken the charging port door; don’t know where this comment originated from.

I've charged almost every day for 16 months and mine feels mechanically secure. However, yesterday I noticed the lights in the logo have stopped working.

I’ve survived over fifty years fiddling with caps and keys in all weathers and light situations pouring extremely expensive fluids into filler caps. So I carry a wee head torch costing a couple of pounds in case it’s needed some dark night in the snow. It fits fine in the door pocket and I’ve not needed it yet in 13 months and three and a half thousand miles of driving my delightful ZS.
Yep, I’m a big head torch fan and also keep one in the car next to the fold up umbrella🐨

I don’t know anyone who has said on the forum that they have broken the charging port door; don’t know where this comment originated from.
Yes Mark, that was my original point that despite many reviewers predicting the port door would break it hasn't eventuated as a problem.

I have to admit that I have left my charge port door open twice and drove home !.
It still works just fine.
It started to creak loudly when I opened or closed it a few weeks ago, I lubricated the hinge points with some white light lithium spray grease.
It works a treat and is silent in its operation.

I've just finished charging and closed the charge port door........realised that the rubbet plug is still hanging out and now I can't reopen the port door to replace the plug! Any ideas?

I managed to lock the car by mistake before opening the charging hatch... and despite all the hauling and hitting (and then the swearing and the heat from my cheeks when I realised I'd made an arse of it) it's still working just fine.

I did seal around the hatch with some draughtproofing to keep the snow out.

It is not very practical, but not heard of any issues.

I got one of these, works pretty well, fits in ok:
I have one of these - mounted sideways at the left of the sockets.
Very easy to fit and works great.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom