Why does my radio cut out?

bimbamboodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello, me again! I’m beginning to despair that in 2023, in a car that can almost drive itself, I can’t be sure to complete a trip without the radio conking out?! It then won’t change stations from the selected favourites and I find it distracting trying to deal with it! What/how/why etc can it be sorted please?

in a car that can almost drive itself
I think that’s a very generous reading of the lane keep assist!

Hold down the home button and the infotainment will reboot.

Also see

Got the same problem in latest MG5. Seems any sort of 'ping' and the DAB radio shuts down. Impossible to sort. Come on MG get this sorted.

That's the same gripe it seems on all MG's Infotainment is a joke. If soft reset doesn't work disconnect battery for 10 sec's as was told to me by the garage and first suggested on here.

I had the latest update the other week and the problem with the radio seems to have gone?

It happens a lot in other cars We had a courtesy BMW it cut out, current a leasev23 plate Toyota it cuts out to

To me the new cars designs with have an issue picking up the dab signals or there is something wrong with signal.

Our old car was 18 plate juke it rarely cut out

Fmzsev, I have other cars that occasionally loose the DAB signal but the issue in my MG5 is different. I think have tracked it down to itp being triggered by any sort of alert from other parts the the MG software ie "collision warning" or "speed camera ahead". These pings seem to switch off DAB and you only get it back by poking around on the interface. Very distracting and quite dangerous if uou let it get to you. Am moving back to FM untill get hoped for software update/fix.

Try adjusting the bluetooth settings on your phone. Select bluetooth, then your car, press cog then switch off audio, leaving just contacts and calls.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom