Why I am so happy not to own a Tesla model 3

powerfulx

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
  • I enjoy driving and knowing what speed I am driving
  • I for some reason cant stand the look.
  • I love having a hatch that is almost a wagon. With a good usable boot.
  • I love how my car isnt as big as a house, Teslas are bigger than you think.
  • I love sneaking up on performance models who think their 1ft rollout time is 0-60 and paid 20k more than me.
  • I love not looking like noddy, model 3 driving position looks funny, like the windscreen is too low?
  • I love not being the main target of EV hate.
  • I love having stalks
I am sure there is more

I love how my car doesn't look like a Chesty Bonds singlet from the rear!

Screenshot_20240328_233031_Brave.jpgScreenshot_20240328_232939_Brave.jpg

• I love sneaking up on performance models who think their 1ft rollout time is 0-60 and paid 20k more than me.
  • I love not looking like noddy, model 3 driving position looks funny, like the windscreen is too low?
  • I love having stalks
I am sure there is more

I love not having my Baldy heed burnt.

I love not watching the door sink when the window goes up.

I love not waiting for the wipers to sort out their bloody lives in the rain.

I love not having a little boot.

Mine was black so not too bad to look at, but a bugger to keep nice.
Loved the self driving, absolutely amazing.

My X Power Knocks it into a Cocked Hat as far as I'm concerned, but I'm glad I had one, even if it was just to see what all the fuss was about.

Hmmm, a Tesla hate thread, how unique! If you can't see what speed you're doing in a Tesla, an eyesight test and pair of glasses is probably a better bet than another car. Oh, and the glass roof is UV resistant (or whatever the term is), not been burned yet and I'm a real slaphead!

True, the wipers do seem to have their own ideas about when to operate ;-) Glad I got mine instead of the Xpower oil leaker!

• I love having stalks
I am sure there is more
Mmmm, not keen on Teslas, then. 🙄🙂

I don’t know much about the pros & cons of owning a Tesla but I actually like the look of them ( not just the Model 3 ) To me they look smart in a subtle way.

& the Performance versions of various models are staggeringly quick. Some getting a 0-60 time in sub 3 seconds. Even the less sportier versions are no slouches.

Without looking it up there is one that has a steering wheel that wouldn’t look out of place in an aeroplane. I’ve wondered how that would feel but I’m guessing it would be an interesting experience

Now I’ve made the jump to EVs, when it comes to moving onto my next car it will definitely be another EV & Tesla will be on my list of manufacturers to look at.

Tesla Plaid. 0-60 in 1.9 secs, and 200mph. Mind blowing. 🤯🙂👍
That would scramble my brains 😂

I just had a look at a few YouTube videos of it.

The guy done several 0-60 runs

Slowest ( yeah right ) 2.3 seconds

Quickest , 1.7 seconds

He actually said it genuinely hurt his back with the force it pins you back.

That steering wheel though. Like anything I’m sure you’d get use to it but I’d personally prefer a more traditional one ( maybe you can have one as an option? )

I’ve read different figures for my Long Range Trophy, 7.5, 7.7, 8 seconds but it feels quick compared to my previous Ford Focus diesel so I can only imagine taking another 5-6 seconds off the 0-60 time 😮

Hmmm, a Tesla hate thread, how unique! If you can't see what speed you're doing in a Tesla, an eyesight test and pair of glasses is probably a better bet than another car. Oh, and the glass roof is UV resistant (or whatever the term is), not been burned yet and I'm a real slaphead!

True, the wipers do seem to have their own ideas about when to operate ;-) Glad I got mine instead of the Xpower oil leaker!

You seem to have not been paying attention!
No one has reported an oil leak in the X Power.
Other things, but not oil leaks. 🤣

I've not been put off the Tesla Brand.
Far from it.
My next car may very well be the M2 if they ever get around to building it.
As long as it doesn't have a glass roof and it's sub 4 seconds to 60.

How come your a moderator on an MG forum and no longer have an MG?

Am I the only one who thinks that's odd?

Aren't we comparing chalk and cheese?
The Tesla 3 is a saloon
It's longer by 50 cm. (Important for us because it won't fit in our garage)
It's around £7500 more expensive
So if you want a saloon which is bigger and more expensive than the MG4, fine but please compare it with a similar car.

We have a new MG5 (Sep 23) and a BMW i3 (Mar 17), I'm currently doing an 8 week contract job that requires me to drive a Tesla Model Y around 8 major cities in the UK (this week was Sheffield, next week is Glasgow). My little i3 has impressed me since I bought it, I love to death it's great car, decent performance and very efficient (>5miles/kWh). The MG5 is also impressive, slightly annoying in places but has a nice feel to it and is a very pleasant drive.
The Model Y and the Tesla Experience? - Wow, a very big wow.
The car is very annoying in some ways mainly lack of buttons but the quality, performance, comfort, charging network is absolutely top notch. When I decide to replace my i3 I will go either X-Power but dont like the looks or a Model Y but dont like the price.
IMHO Tesla have provided the world with EVs and the infrastructure to support them that is absolutely world leading in every sense.

That's why I have an X Power and exclusively charge at Tesla Superchargers.
The very best of both worlds IMO.
The MY is just too bloody big.
They dont even fit in their charging bays.

What's that you say?

Can't drive big things?

This was my day job up until recently.

20190903_194706.jpg

20240330_093252.jpg

I know you didn't say anything.
I'm just playing.👍

Last edited:
My problem with Tesla, is that they have an unstable, immature, untrustworthy CEO, who can turn features off and on when he feels like it. No thanks. If I buy a car, I want to own all of it.
And you bought an MG made by one of the most trustworthy countries in the world?

Man Slapping Couch Laughing GIF

That's why I have an X Power and exclusively charge at Tesla Superchargers.
The very best of both worlds IMO.
The MY is just too bloody big.
They dont even fit in their charging bays.

What's that you say?

Can't drive big things?

This was my day job up until recently.

View attachment 25202

I know you didn't say anything.
I'm just playing.👍
I'm not going to say anything 😁

Last edited:
Wowza , turn around and the rooms lit up :)

First EV i went in was a P100D with a mad man at the wheel. Incredible car, fastest car ive ever been in , xpower is quick , but 2.6 or so is mad. I have respect on what they achieved with that.

I just cant help but these days think of them as an Uber. They have become taxified.

How come your a moderator on an MG forum and no longer have an MG?

Am I the only one who thinks that's odd?

Yes, it seems that's the case. As you will have seen, I did resign. Also, your forum owner does not drive a MG, gonna gripe about that too? 🤣

Wowza , turn around and the rooms lit up :)

First EV i went in was a P100D with a mad man at the wheel. Incredible car, fastest car ive ever been in , xpower is quick , but 2.6 or so is mad. I have respect on what they achieved with that.

I just cant help but these days think of them as an Uber. They have become taxified.
It's a good job Tesla added the D else the vehicle may have ended up looking like this. ;)

Ford_P100.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom