Why pay more for Contactless Charging..

Mark Holmes

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Question why do we pay a premium for Contactless charging. Surely for me and just thinking outside the box it will be cheaper to adapt to contactless charging that way removing the need to pay software developers build and maintain apps to process payments. Wouldn’t it be more cost effective or is there something obvious I’m missing here......what are your thoughts?.

Apps are far cheaper which is why companies didn’t (and some still don’t) rush to make them contactless. PCI controls around hundreds of unattended card readers versus one online payment gateway.

The need to register an account also creates a data stream that could be of value in the future.

Apps are far cheaper which is why companies didn’t (and some still don’t) rush to make them contactless. PCI controls around hundreds of unattended card readers versus one online payment gateway.

The need to register an account also creates a data stream that could be of value in the future.
Thanks for adding clarity to this issue for me.

I would ask "Is it legal to charge more dependent on the method of payment?".

Wasn't there legislation recently that stopped retailers charging more for goods if purchased by credit card?
Just Eat had to apply a 'service fee' for the pay cash on delivery to match the card fee when paying online.
If I remember correctly.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom