Will not start

Colim

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
As anyone had this problem i started the car and it said ready but would not go no breaks or power steering and would not to turne off had it taken to the garage but thay can not find any problems, but thay changed the rejection pump, but to day i was driving as i came to a junction the car would not drive this is very frustrating, i waited 5 minutes and it stare ok any serjeanlng

What's a rejection pump ? :unsure:
Could be a door that's not quite closed properly, I would open and slam shut all the doors and the rear hatch to make sure.

The pump as been changed i just will not move and i would not turn off, after a few minutes it starts ok, i did notice it whent wrong just after changing

Not sure what the pump is? Do you have more details? It’s always worth a 12v battery reboot by removing and refitting the negative terminal using a 10mm spanner.

It's the regenerating pump which has been changed, i will try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting

The pump as been changed i just will not move and i would not turn off, after a few minutes it starts ok, i did notice it whent wrong just after changing
If it's after charging on a rapid, it could be the HV battery is a bit warm, hence it starting ok after a few minutes when it's cooled off a bit.
Still not sure what a regenerating pump is, sounds like BS from the garage to me.

Yes it was after rapid change I'll try changing slow change I'm also having the charger checked out to see if there is any problem with it

Yes it was after rapid change I'll try changing slow change I'm also having the charger checked out to see if there is any problem with it
Which charger are you having checked, the rapid ?
The cars onboard charger is not used when charging on a rapid charger, only on AC.

There is two types of changes normal and rapid, they are coming out on Monday to check the system, i have driven the car today with no problem

There is two types of changes normal and rapid, they are coming out on Monday to check the system, i have driven the car today with no problem
.? Wrong.
There is slow, fast & rapid. These are c2kW, c7kW & c60kW or faster. As in many things in the EV work, it’s important to refer to the correct thing. Just to make life interesting you can charge at a slower rate than I’ve mentioned with the ZS & 5 as the car controls the speed of charge it will accept. A rapid charger will provide upto 60kW until the battery is about 80% full & then the car will back it off to a lower rate. I charged yesterday on a rapid and mine went down to 37kW when it got to 80% full. Temperature has a big impact on the battery’s charge rate - don’t be surprised to see a rapid charger “only” charging at 22kW when it’s about zero, it’s completely normal - but disconcerting the first time it happens to you. Makes planning a long journey interesting! 👍

AFAIK, there's only one charger actually on the car the AC.
Rapids basically connect straight to the battery.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom