Will the battery be ok if I leave the car parked for a long time?

This was covered on one of the mgevs podcasts.

I believe they recommended leaving it around 65%-70% charge and then giving it a few balancing charge cycles once you return.

Page 292-293 in your manual defines what you need to do:
Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 13.15.49.png

HV will be fine if kept between 80% and 50%. Not ideal to leave at 100%, and Deffo do NOT leave it below 25%!!
12v - 50/50 it will have enough power to power on car after 2month. If it fails, plug into granny/7kw charger and it will top up the 12v in about hour, or call AA for a jump.

HV will be fine if kept between 80% and 50%. Not ideal to leave at 100%, and Deffo do NOT leave it below 25%!!
12v - 50/50 it will have enough power to power on car after 2month. If it fails, plug into granny/7kw charger and it will top up the 12v in about hour, or call AA for a jump.
Or consider carrying a small jumper / booster pack in the car.
At least in the worst case scenario, you can open the car with the emergency key and then attach the jumper pack to the 12 volt battery.
It could save a long wait from the recovery services !.
I carry a pack in the back of my car at all times.
It will stay fully charged for ages !.

Or consider carrying a small jumper / booster pack in the car.
At least in the worst case scenario, you can open the car with the emergency key and then attach the jumper pack to the 12 volt battery.
It could save a long wait from the recovery services !.
I carry a pack in the back of my car at all times.
It will stay fully charged for ages !.
lovemyev....which battery pack do you have

lovemyev....which battery pack do you have
I have just ordered one of these, useful allrounder hopefully. I wouldn't have thought it needs to be too powerful as not turning over a big engine

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom