Will there be a 'Comfort 3' Update ?

Jester27

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Evening guys,

Was wondering if you thought there will ever be a Comfort 3 update ??

A couple of things I'd like to see -

Memory for 'Car' settings
Front collision detection setting - I tend to always turn this down to 'Low' on every drive as I've had way too many false alarms with it any higher
Pedestrian Warning noise - I turn this off unless I'm in something like a retail park carpark
These currently reset themselves on each power down / locking of the car.

Battery % meter
Would be nice to have an actual Battery percentage reading somewhere on the car.
It is there on the display for when the car is charging so obviously easily accessible by the system.
Either on the Main display somewhere (extra screen maybe in the cycled screens) or on the top of the main Centre screen, this could also be wired to the now defunct Battery Button on the centre console to bring it up either permanently or even a timed display before switching back to your chosen setting.
The % reading would be really helpful for determining charge cycles, i.e knowing what you're at for planning 20-80% charges, rather than actually guessing where you're at from the blobs on the gauge.

Anything that can speed up the Infotainment system
Whilst not a big thing, it does still lag somewhat, especially when switching to/from the EVAC system.

Speed Camera database update option
There are options in the Built in Nav to display Speed Cameras, but I have never seen anything come up.
Would be nice to be able to update these each month from a download file like other Nav manufacturers have

Can you guys think of anything else ???
Maybe something Miles can pass on via his contacts ?

Other than those small things, I absolutely love the car.
Its costing me hardly nothing to run due to having free workplace charging too.

Dean

Last edited:
I do not think there will be a comfort 3 update. A new model ZS EV will be with us soon using the latest ICE ZS body and new EV software to go along with the fully digital colour LCD main display.

Given the problems with the installation, by various dealerships, of the comfort 2 update MG will have learnt their lesson regarding paid updates.

The only software updates from now on will, in my opinion, be issued free as under warranty for safety reasons only. Lessons will have been learnt.

I used to get many triggers with the collision detection set on it's default setting at first, then I just adapted my driving style to prevent it, leaving a bigger gap to the car in front and not driving as fast towards hazards. 😉
It would be nice if speed cameras sowed up on the nav, the setting doesn't seem to do anything.
Definitely a battery percentage figure somewhere, maybe on the battery button, would be more useful than the not so accurate GOM.
And the HVAC needs to respond better, quicker on and longer displayed.

I used to get many triggers with the collision detection set on it's default setting at first, then I just adapted my driving style to prevent it, leaving a bigger gap to the car in front and not driving as fast towards hazards. 😉

I set it off twice yesterday on my first long-ish drive, I clearly approach stationary traffic far too fast :ROFLMAO: Lesson learned!

I hate the fact the car can't be started in Eco mode. As others have said it just needs software changes to allow it to memorise your settings.
Even if it had driver profiles so you and a partner could get your saved settings easily it would make life easier.
There are so many idiosyncrasies with the car that tend to grate more the longer you have the car.

I hate the fact the car can't be started in Eco mode. As others have said it just needs software changes to allow it to memorise your settings.
Even if it had driver profiles so you and a partner could get your saved settings easily it would make life easier.
There are so many idiosyncrasies with the car that tend to grate more the longer you have the car.
I have found that I am tending to drive more in Normal as apart from altering the range on the GOM, the miles/kWh doesn't seem to be affected much.
I prefer the 'feel' of N over E, and I rarely drive such a distance where the difference in range between N and E is critical to having to stop and recharge.
Perhaps if I regularly had to drive 150 miles I may change my mind. :)

I have found that I am tending to drive more in Normal as apart from altering the range on the GOM, the miles/kWh doesn't seem to be affected much.
I prefer the 'feel' of N over E, and I rarely drive such a distance where the difference in range between N and E is critical to having to stop and recharge.
Perhaps if I regularly had to drive 150 miles I may change my mind. :)
I like how light the steering is in Eco and it also accelerates slower when using the cruise. I find it also makes it smoother to drive at low speeds as the throttle is dulled.

I like how light the steering is in Eco and it also accelerates slower when using the cruise. I find it also makes it smoother to drive at low speeds as the throttle is dulled.
I find mine quite smooth at low speeds in N, SWMBO's MG5 is less so, maybe because it's more powerful, I tend to put hers in ECO if I drive it.
I think it's the same with any new car, when you get used to driving it a certain way, other modes don't feel right. In the old days it was getting used to how high the biting point was on the clutch, how keen the brakes were, how the handling was etc.

I think we've seen pretty much all the software development we're going to get on this car. Focus will now be on the face-lift model.

Much as I like the car, the lack of over the air software updates along with the annual servicing requirement hassle in order to keep the warranty intact, when, as an EV should not be needed, irks me a lot.

I can't see turning the pedestrian warning system off permanently being an option, since, if I recall correctly, that's supposed to be a legal requirement to stay on.
It has been a legal requirement to be fitted since 2019:
"The AVAS rules apply to all new cars made from 1 July 2019, and all new electric and hybrid cars registered from July 2021."

However, research has shown that modern ICE cars can be just as quiet as an electric car at low speeds, making a similar amount of noise as an electric car which is due to tyre roar.

I have personally permanently disabled my AVAS system (controversial topic, I know)
I wasn't a fan of the sound it made.

It has been a legal requirement to be fitted since 2019:
"The AVAS rules apply to all new cars made from 1 July 2019, and all new electric and hybrid cars registered from July 2021."
Without reading into it fully, from what you have put, our cars don't need AVAS as they are registered before July 2021.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom