Wind noise on the driver and passenger side when you get higher speeds?

Scoozy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hello,

Just be curious if anyone has the same "problem" on their MG4, when I drive more than 80 km/u it's like the window is not completely closed and I hear some wind noise... Is there a well-known fix @ the dealer for this situation?

Hello,

Just be curious if anyone has the same "problem" on their MG4, when I drive more than 80 km/u it's like the window is not completely closed and I hear some wind noise... Is there a well-known fix @ the dealer for this situation?
It is characteristic of the car as has been said.

You could try fitting wind deflectors but they will obviously add drag.

It comes from the small quarter light, mine does it too, dealer not very interested. Can't be heard if the radio is on but that's not the point is it?
Correct, maybe they can put a sort of silicon kit to solve this problem? Will pass @ the dealer next week to listen what they have to tell about it ;)

A new quarter light has arrived having mentioned this to the dealer. Will be fitted soon so hopefully will fix this. Anything over 30 mph and the wind noise is quite loud.

It comes from the small quarter light, mine does it too, dealer not very interested. Can't be heard if the radio is on but that's not the point is it?
Yes ours has it, common fault - badly steams up too. Hope you have better luck getting it booked into the MG garage than we have.

I've had this issue ever since I got my Trophy. The dealer is kinda interested in it but, they don't believe me. They've asked me to take the service manager out for a drive. @Munchkin383738 have you got a photo of the tape solution? I'm VERY interested as I'm currently listening to audio books while driving so I can't drown it out with music and it's driving me nuts.

I've had this issue ever since I got my Trophy. The dealer is kinda interested in it but, they don't believe me. They've asked me to take the service manager out for a drive. @Munchkin383738 have you got a photo of the tape solution? I'm VERY interested as I'm currently listening to audio books while driving so I can't drown it out with music and it's driving me nuts.
I will get it as soon as it stops raining. I used the 3M tape that doesn't leave residue. So if I ever get a dealer to fix it I can remove the tape easily and leave no marks.

1000002901.jpg

I raised this when I ordered the car and was told it's just due to the design of the car. No noise on the passenger side though. I took it into the dealer and they replaced a faulty seal but the wind noise is still there. Going back in next week as it's pretty annoying on a long drive. I'm going to try the tape mod to see if that proves it's that window. Cheer @Munchkin383738

Hi All
I have had my MG4 for about 4 months.
I have probably got the same wind noise issue reported here with the driver's door quarter-light (because it isn't sealing properly). However, mine manifests as a whistle starting at 45 km/h and continuing up until about 65 km/h. It is quite faint but super annoying. Above that road noise seems to drown it out. There is no whistle from the passenger side door.
I took it to the local service provider (Giltrap MG, Auckland) yesterday. They don't think it is a real problem. And say that MG has no 'service bulletin' that has a fix for this issue. Seems like they won't touch the issue if not directly authorised by MG.
I will try the tape trick to see if I can prove, at least to me, that the seal is the problem.
However, this is unlikely to sway the service provider. Does anyone have some information that I can use to show that MG is aware of the problem and there is indeed a fix?

thanks in advance

revel

PS other than this the car is going great. :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back