Window open closing with key Fob MG4 Trophy

Paul V Smith

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I read on one thread the key fob for the Trophy, can open and close windows, I cant work mine out. Also on the key fob, it has a picture of boot opening, but that does bugger all.
Can anyone help.

Attachments

• 0B1D8A10-C881-4FA1-81E5-74C435318948.jpeg
    0B1D8A10-C881-4FA1-81E5-74C435318948.jpeg
    789.4 KB · Views: 115
Press and hold open to lower windows; press and hold close to raise windows.

That's the usual way with most cars.

My Trophy does not do window opening / closing from the fob :(
The other day I left a window open on leaving the car, was a faff to deal with - unlock car, tap brake to wake car, close window, re-lock car.
My old Ford and VW van both had key-fob window operation that worked like siteguru describes, shame it appears absent on the MG4

That's a shame the 'global' opening and closing of windows doesn't work on the Trophy model at least...I thought I'd read somewhere it did. I'm sure the MG5 has it so a step backwards if the MG4 doesn't.
I miss that on our ZS as we've had it on most of our cars over past 10 yrs or so.

That's a shame the 'global' opening and closing of windows doesn't work on the Trophy model at least...I thought I'd read somewhere it did. I'm sure the MG5 has it so a step backwards if the MG4 doesn't.
I miss that on our ZS as we've had it on most of our cars over past 10 yrs or so.
I read on one thread the key fob for the Trophy, can open and close windows, I cant work mine out. Also on the key fob, it has a picture of boot opening, but that does bugger all.
Can anyone help.
I’m afraid you both read wrong or so it would appear there is another tread running on this called ( MG4 likes and dislikes we agree ) where this issue as been discussed at length it does not work on the SE trims as well and
PhilYerBoots your right to point out it does work both ways on the MG5 so yeh I agree a step backwards.
Les

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 533 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel