Window tinys

No it doesn’t, I have mine tinted by Global Tint who charged a reasonable price with a lifetime warranty for as long as you have the car, had rear, side rear and front sides tinted in all. I have the Luna on the back and rear sides and a legally compliant film on the front sides but I now wish I’d had the Oynx film on the rear of the car..
Regards

No it doesn’t, I have mine tinted by Global Tint who charged a reasonable price with a lifetime warranty for as long as you have the car, had rear, side rear and front sides tinted in all. I have the Luna on the back and rear sides and a legally compliant film on the front sides but I now wish I’d had the Oynx film on the rear of the car..
Regards
Why the change to onyx, I'm looking at getting mine done in the new year 🙃

Regards
Quite interested in this, but on their site you have to choose the vehicle type and 'small SUV' isn't one of them. I picked 5 door hatch and it gave me a quote of £170 for the rear. Is that in the ball bark fo the ZS ?

I would like them all round, minimum(ish) tint but high UV protection ?

Would also want front sides and do they do windscreen as well (legal level) ?

I know I could call them but interested in views of someone who has had it done so that I can be pre-armed.

I think I paid around 170 for the back and rear sides, didn’t matter on the film you can review the shades on the day, I think I paid on the day about £85 to have the front side windows done to fit in with the legal requirements, but I never asked about the front screen to be honest.

20201217_115558.jpg

When I enquired of my insurance company if having rear windows tinted would change the premium they said "yes" but didn't say why. This was about 3 years ago on an ice car but has anyone else made that enquiry?

You are correct, you do have to inform your insurance company, let them know it will be tinted to legal limits and will be done by a professional installer giving them their name if there is an increase in cost it should be minimal and will stop them trying not paying out on a claim if you change the alloys it the same, any deviation from standard equipment let them know.

We had all 8 windows done after a month of ownership. We got the car during the Summer, and quickly we noticed that the window lacked tinting. Tinting the front windows is not legal in Denmark, but we decided to have it all done, and is very happy about it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom