Windows opening mysteriously

Bearslumber

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi,

I have a MG5 EV exclusive. Has anyone experienced the windows mysteriously opening.

I am sure I closed all my windows when I locked the car but when I go back to it they are all mysteriously open.

I'm not sure if I've pressed a key sequence inadvertently or if there is something wrong with my electrics.

Its happened twice now and I'm worried.

I really like the car so I'm hoping it's something I've done inadvertently.

All help is greatly appreciated

Bear Slumber

Like a lot of cars (my previous Skoda had it), if you press and hold the unlock button on the remote it will lower all the windows. If you hold down the lock button it will close all the windows. You have to mind when your keys are in your pocket! I have a keyring Nectar card on my key ring, which blocks the buttons from the other keys.

@pjmuk

Thanks, that's exactly what happened. I keep my keys in my jeans pocket s all the time. I must have unwittingly pressed the unlock button. I tested it and it's so easy to do.

Many thanks

Like a lot of cars (my previous Skoda had it), if you press and hold the unlock button on the remote it will lower all the windows. If you hold down the lock button it will close all the windows. You have to mind when your keys are in your pocket! I have a keyring Nectar card on my key ring, which blocks the buttons from the other keys.
I position the leather key fob my dealer gave me over the buttons when I have the key in my pocket.

Anyone else ended up with horn beeping because you have leant on the button in your pocket ?
Ah. The 'Find My Car' feature. P41 of the manual. You can turn that off in infotainment.

Screenshot 2021-09-16 131538.png

Is there anyway to disable the window open feature, happened to me today went out to car to find all windows down. Seems a stupid feature to have on a car with keyless entry when the keys more or less live in your pockets

My key lives in a little protective pouch when I'm at home.

Mainly because I used to trigger the alarm or windows open so frequently when I kept it in my pocket :)

Anyone else ended up with horn beeping because you have leant on the button in your pocket ?
Yes , quite a few times, and when l plug in the charging cable, why do it lock the mg5LR sometimes but not always?

Yes always get out car, then plug in from garage, then sometimes after it connected doors lock, but not always

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom