It doesn't seem to go through the wash fluid very fast with that fine spray, but I'm finding mine is missing bits of the windscreen. The right-hand nozzle seems to be spraying too far to the right.
I can't get the right hand nozzle adjusted right.
At first it was hitting the wiper arm, then it was going over the roof, now the spray hits the screen when stationary but blows over the top when moving. :(

At first it was hitting the wiper arm, then it was going over the roof, now the spray hits the screen when stationary but blows over the top when moving. :(
It does only need the slightest adjustment, what are you using? I pinched one of my wifes small sewing needles and adjust with that. She has never noticed its gone! Thats because I do all the sewing🤣

It does only need the slightest adjustment, what are you using? I pinched one of my wifes small sewing needles and adjust with that. She has never noticed its gone! Thats because I do all the sewing🤣
The manual says use a small flat blade screwdriver, but that only works for up and down, so I'm using a reset pin that I got with my phone that fits snugly in the hole.
I tried up, down and sideways movements but none of the positions seems to work very well. The left hand one isn't bad as it's situated further across from the wiper blade/arm and misses it nicely.
I don't like the fact that it's fine spray instead of a jet.

The manual says use a small flat blade screwdriver, but that only works for up and down, so I'm using a reset pin that I got with my phone that fits snugly in the hole.
I tried up, down and sideways movements but none of the positions seems to work very well. The left hand one isn't bad as it's situated further across from the wiper blade/arm and misses it nicely.
I don't like the fact that it's fine spray instead of a jet.
On this car mine seem to be ok, although I have used the pin on previous cars.

Was having an adjust of the washer jets the other day. I found it was easier to move them around with the bonnet open, then shut the bonnet and test.

(NOTE:This is for right hand drive cars)

Because the top end of the bonnet covers a lot of the washer nozzle and the thick part of the drivers side wiper arm is so close to the nozzle location there is a very small gap for any washer fluid to pass through.

In the end I found angling the nozzle toward the centre of the screen (and the thinner part of the wiper blade) allowed more washer fluid to reach the screen and because of the wipers direction it allows for good cleaning of the area in front of the driver.

Top Tip.
Put your wipers into the service position.
Makes the adjustment easier.

Notice I said easier?

They are without doubt the most awkward to adjust I've ever come across.

Might just be my old eyes and reading glasses.
Whatever.
It is a faff to get them where you want.

Whatever happened to the little silver ball you stuck a pin in 🤔

Top Tip.
Put your wipers into the service position.
Makes the adjustment easier.

Notice I said easier?

They are without doubt the most awkward to adjust I've ever come across.

Might just be my old eyes and reading glasses.
Whatever.
It is a faff to get them where you want.

Whatever happened to the little silver ball you stuck a pin in 🤔
I thought of that but decided to lift the bonnet to get at them instead.
I've bought a selection of aftermarket nozzles off Ali express to try when the warmer weather comes and I work out how to get the originals off.

I thought of that but decided to lift the bonnet to get at them instead.
I've bought a selection of aftermarket nozzles off Ali express to try when the warmer weather comes and I work out how to get the originals off.

Ooh, keep us posted on that one! This is relevant to my interests!

Can the windscreen washer nozzles be adjusted as the spray only hits the bottom of the windscreen? I have attempted to change the washer jet direction with a needle but to me there doesn't appear to be any adjustment on them.

Can the nozzles on the windscreen washer jets on a MG 4 be adjusted? The jet stream just hits the very bottom of the windscreen and needs to be aimed higher. I've attempted to adjust them with a sewing needle as I've done over the years on many of my previous cars but on the MG 4 they don't appear to be adjustable!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back