Windscreen wiper scraping bonnet

Tom McConnell

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I washed my MG5 for the first time today and found that the passenger side wiper scraps the rear edge of the bonnet when lifting it up to wash the windscreen. The pivot end of the arm is too wide.

I guess this is a right hand drive conversion design issue.

Any one else found this ?

I washed my MG5 for the first time today and found that the passenger side wiper scraps the rear edge of the bonnet when lifting it up to wash the windscreen. The pivot end of the arm is too wide.

I guess this is a right hand drive conversion design issue.

Any one else found this ?
The ZS EV is having a kind of "service mode" if you are going to lift the wipers, maybe the MG5 is having the same! Turn the car off, and then flick the wiper stalk in the car down whit-in 30 seconds, then the wipers end in an upright position.

I think they automatically go back to the normal rest position when you next start the car, so make sure they are flat against the windscreen or the arms will hit the bonnet.

Screenshot_20210321_093920_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

My Passat had a neat trick. When you started up the wipers would move down and up (I think) by just enough to disturb the "sit" of the blade on the screen, flipping it to bear on the opposite face and even out the wear. Nice.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom