Windscreen woes

FrazBFH

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Usually only a reader on the forum, but thought i should post this to let everyone know the issues to expect

So when i was driving back from collecting my MG4 from Drive (very good customer service as when the car was delayed meaning they couldn't have it prepped for the collection date and had to move it to a Monday they stayed open for me as I had to go after work) a stone hit my windscreen on the bottom left corner passenger side. It was a small chip so I didn't worry about it for the drive back, but the following morning after a heavy frost it had spread to a crack so I booked into an AutoGlass centre for the following week (it was around Easter and so booking were limited), I got a phone call on the Thursday to say they didn't have the windscreen in stock but that they would order it but didn't expect it in time with the 4 day bank holiday coming up, and that they would ring me back the following week to book me back in.
Didn't get any call back the following week, so I thought maybe there's some shipping delays, let it roll. So the following Monday (almost 2 weeks after making the booking at this point) I tried to ring the contact number they gave me, no answer. Tried again on the Tuesday, No answer. Tried again on Wednesday, no answer, so I rang the AutoGlass contact number and they tried to contact the branch and couldn't get hold of someone but said they would call me back, they haven't called me back either. So on Monday I looked and there was a home visit appointment for today (26th) which I booked, they called me back yesterday to say that they still don't have the windscreen in stock, and also for the MG4 you can't have the at remote install you have to go into a branch (they knew my registration as part of the booking so why the offered the remote option I don't know if their booking system tells the booking agent that they cant have the remote option on the car when they put in the registration). A long back and forth with an agent from their booking team to try and get everything sorted yesterday and the outcome is basically still have to wait.

So I am still waiting after over 3 weeks for a windscreen to arrive and an appointment at a AutoGlass centre.

I’d imagine these sort of issues / delays will resolve themselves as time passes. Unfortunately at the moment, parts seem to be at something of a shortage, and / or there is no desire to have an overstock of them, at least from everything I’ve seen and read. Maybe retaining some stock of parts will change when the new car orders slow a little.

It’s basically bad training and the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing, sadly typically the same reaction from so many companies nowadays.
It's an online booking system. It was only when the person rang to ask why there were 2 bookings that I found out it had to be at an ag centre

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back