Wing mirror noise

jon0881

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi, given how quiet driving the MG4 is there is a very noticable wind noise coming from the area of the wing mirror. Its far more noticable than the noise from the front and as stupid as it sounds its worse on the drivers side. Has anyone seen and little trinkets to add on to improve that?

I can’t see any remedy for this. It is what it is. And the quieter the car the more noticeable wind and road noise becomes surely?

This is the excuse Nissan used to justify the weirdness of the LEAF, apparently they designed it to split the air around the mirrors to reduce noise. I'd rather have the noise

4623330019_2a751d5498_o.jpg

I'd try to compare yours with another 4 (dealers demo?) to ensure there's no defect causing excessive noise, or allowing that noise into the cabin.
I guess you might find some after-market add-on to smooth the airflow... or give your 4 bug-eye lights like a Leaf!

Hi, given how quiet driving the MG4 is there is a very noticable wind noise coming from the area of the wing mirror. Its far more noticable than the noise from the front and as stupid as it sounds its worse on the drivers side. Has anyone seen and little trinkets to add on to improve that?
We get this noise from the area of the driver side wing mirror too.

Glad it’s not just me then!

I just noticed an oil patch too so I’m making a list. I don’t expect there’s anything they will do about the mirror noise

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back