Wing mirrors

schaud

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi,
Sorry if this is obvious but does anyone know how to turn the wing mirrors in on a Trophy?
I have sat in a Trophy but it hadn’t had its PDI so I couldn’t see how to do it.
My garage opening is rather narrow so I will probably need them to be turned in.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi,
Sorry if this is obvious but does anyone know how to turn the wing mirrors in on a Trophy?
I have sat in a Trophy but it hadn’t had its PDI so I couldn’t see how to do it.
My garage opening is rather narrow so I will probably need them to be turned in.

Thanks,
Dave
Funny you should ask that as in my MG5 I could use the little nob to the right of the steering wheel and it would put them in whilst driving, but I tried yesterday in the MG4 and it didn't do it even though its the same button. But when I lock the car it does, but in your situation you need it whilst it's driving.

Possibly a fault as it's the same button as the MG5 is and that works

I thought I saw on that Spanish video that you leave the mirror selector in the middle position then press the switch down. I'll try and confirm later if someone else doesn't answer first.

I'd return it as a mis-build.
The mirrors should be on the doors ;)

I thought I saw on that Spanish video that you leave the mirror selector in the middle position then press the switch down. I'll try and confirm later if someone else doesn't answer first.
Yes thats what my MG5 does but yesterday didnt work on MG4... i'll try later and update

I can confirm you can just use the button to get the mirrors in like you can on the MG5.

16643676655628365408531313668887.jpg

Pretty sure theres a setting on the screen to stop it from folding automatically when you lock the car... why you'd want that not sure but its there anyway.

Because when it's freezing the mirrors may lock it until defrosted so some people like to leave them open in the winter.

Alan

Because when it's freezing the mirrors may lock it until defrosted so some people like to leave them open in the winter.

Alan
A quick spray with silicon around the joint when they are not frozen will stop them from getting frozen shut. Just be careful not to get any on the windscreen.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 520 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back