Winter charge

Sean2361

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all so last night charged my mgzs ev this morning it had only charged too 152 miles done this a few times now. Only 6 months old is this going to last all winter. Great in the summer 163 miles I know battery’s don’t like the cold but to lose 11 miles "? Can anyone give advice thanks in advance

Coincidentally I'd also charged my car overnight (granny charger) and noted it estimated exactly the same range as you. I put it down to the low overnight temperature of 3 degrees and I'm expecting the figure to creep up a bit if it gets warmer later on but, as you mentioned, winter range is never going to be as good as summer's.

Have you reset the accumulated trip meter and left it in N with nothing switched on ?

yes I have done that each time still does the same must be the cold weather. And the condensation each day is ridiculous

Have you reset the accumulated trip meter and left it in N with nothing switched on ?
That only seems to work when the weather is warm with mine.
I've just done my monthly 100% charge and balance and got 154 miles before and after resetting the accumulated total. Also Battery voltage was 455V (old BMS), when it's warmer it goes up to 456V (456.25V on the app).
FWIW, my 6 mile trip this morning took 10 miles off the GOM at 2.8 m/kWh.

Last edited:
Just wait until you rapid charge when it’s about zero centigrade- and find the car will only charge at mid 20s kW! Be warned ……..

As far as the condensation is concerned, the ZS EV was probably the worst car we’ve ever owned. A contributor to getting rid of it in fact!

Just wait until you rapid charge when it’s about zero centigrade- and find the car will only charge at mid 20s kW! Be warned ……..

As far as the condensation is concerned, the ZS EV was probably the worst car we’ve ever owned. A contributor to getting rid of it in fact!
Is it anything to do with the glass sun roof, or is it also the metal roof models?

Is it anything to do with the glass sun roof, or is it also the metal roof models?
I wondered if the sunroof had anything to do with misting up and whether closing the blind makes any difference, but it doesn't seem to.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom