Winter weather

Clearly using AC with heating will send warm air to the vents (mainly "Screen" with regards to demisting). I know a lot of people think of AirCon only as a summer thing but when I got my first car with AirCon some 25+ years ago the AC engineer I took the car to for regassing told me to remember AC stands for Air CONDITIONING not Air COOLING and in UK it is every bit as important to "Condition" the Air by Dehumidifying it in winter as it is in summer and that he never switches his off. Car manuals usually also say to run the AC at least once a month.
That’s correct but the process of conditioning, lowers the temperature. There is no way around that.

This morning I had a misting issue for the first time. It happened when I came out of the gym and the windshield misted but not the side screen. I'd been in the gym for an hour and it had been fine at 6:30 am when I'd driven to the gym with the heating on. I think the reason must have been that yesterday my wife and I had got caught in a cloud burst and the two jackets had been left overnight in the car hooked over the headrests to air. I guess that the first 5 minute trip with the heater on must have dried the jackets and carpets but only being a short trip the air in the car must have been fairly humid. While I was in the gym that moisture would have sort-out the coolest surface to condense on - the inside of the sloping glass of the windshield.

Heater alone struggled to clear it but hitting the screen defrost which runs the fan at full speed and the AC cleared it completely in 30 seconds

This is the only car I have had where climate control set on Auto will not keep windscreen clear.

This is the only car I have had where climate control set on Auto will not keep windscreen clear.
I can't comment on that as the ZS EV doesn't have climate control.

The best car I had for climate control would have to be my N plate Renault Laguna back in the day when a diesel car was a special order and came with higher spec i.e. Climate control. Powerful fan blasting the screen in winter until it cleared but no longer than required and in summer when you got into a baking hot car it would recirculate for a few second then draw in fresh-air and sense the temperature and humidity and most often switch back to recirculation and full fan speed all within 30 seconds of turning the ignition.

I can't comment on that as the ZS EV doesn't have climate control.

The best car I had for climate control would have to be my N plate Renault Laguna back in the day when a diesel car was a special order and came with higher spec i.e. Climate control. Powerful fan blasting the screen in winter until it cleared but no longer than required and in summer when you got into a baking hot car it would recirculate for a few second then draw in fresh-air and sense the temperature and humidity and most often switch back to recirculation and full fan speed all within 30 seconds of turning the ignition.
My 2016 Prius was almost as good, except for the humidity bit. ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom