Wireless Carplay with Netflix and streaming apps

pecker

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I know there are lots of threads for Wireless Carplay, I can't find much for ones that include streaming apps.

I've already tried the Ai box from Onecarstereo which didn't work properly.

Needs to have the ability to set a delay so you don't need to keep unplugging

What are people using ?

Thanks

Anyone ?

Thanks

For anyone interested I have had the below confirmed from Ottocast

The P3 has a start delay setting and is compatible with 2022 - 2023 MG4,

Very expensive though :(

Hope this helps

Andy

I am interested too, but I don't know myself what is best to buy.

I assumed these devices were fairly common and used by many MG4 owners but that’s seems to not be the case.

The P3 looks great but over my budget considering how often I would need to use it (mainly while rapid charging) so the search continues.

Please let me know if you find something similar and more wallet friendly

I use this in my Marvel R. Works fine. Netflix, YouTube, All sports channels via IPTV. You can load any streaming App you want onto it. Link below image.
IMG20230720183348.jpg

82.92ï¿¡ 50% de réduction|Carlinkit CPC200 Tbox Plus Carplay AI Box Android 13 8 + 2023 Go/4 + 64 Go QCM6125 8 cÅurs TV sans fil Auto 4G persévérance Bluetooth Tech 128 | AliExpress
IMG20230720183512.jpg

I contacted Carlinkit directly and they said they couldn't confirm if any of their boxes would work with the MG4, as I've already wasted £100 on a box that doesn't work I can't get keep trying boxes.

I need something confirmed to work with the MG4 at a reasonable price otherwise I just won't bother.

Thanks though

There's an app called CarStream (you need to get the AAAD app first) that works for Android at least - it is basically an Android-Auto compatible web browser so you can access the web versions of YouTube, Netflix etc. Another similar app is Fermata Auto - again available via AAAD.

This can be used via a wired connection to the car.

There's an app called CarStream (you need to get the AAAD app first) that works for Android at least - it is basically an Android-Auto compatible web browser so you can access the web versions of YouTube, Netflix etc. Another similar app is Fermata Auto - again available via AAAD.

This can be used via a wired connection to the car.

I'm strictly an IOS man :)

I've just ordered a Carlinkit 5.0 from AliExpress, currently on offer for £26 plus tax

I will then add a start up delay which appears to be straight forward and see what happens, for that price it's worth a punt.

I contacted Carlinkit directly and they said they couldn't confirm if any of their boxes would work with the MG4, as I've already wasted £100 on a box that doesn't work I can't get keep trying boxes.

I need something confirmed to work with the MG4 at a reasonable price otherwise I just won't bother.

Thanks though
I'm strictly an IOS man :)

I've just ordered a Carlinkit 5.0 from AliExpress, currently on offer for £26 plus tax

I will then add a start up delay which appears to be straight forward and see what happens, for that price it's worth a punt.
The 5 doesn't have the video netflix you tube support it's just a wireless car play

Which carlinkit has youtube and netflix? I have the ZS EV. Also the carstream app doesn't work on the latest version of Android unfortunately

Thanks though
I have a Carlinkit CPC 200 TBox Plus as @Barrie posted above. It works fine in MG4, and has Netflix installed as standard. Got mine for £145 including postage as bought from UK seller rather than AliExpress. If you put a SIM card in it, you can operate it independantly of your phone, and can also act as WIFi hotspot for others in the car.

Same I have the Carlinkit TBox Plus. Netflix works on it as well pre-installed and an IPTV app that I downloaded means all my streaming works great. I use the hotspot in my trophy. Ordered from AliExpress so nicely priced too.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back