Wireless reversing-camera with mirror-view

MartinSEsr

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I'm thinking of buying this kit for just over £100 on Amazon (currently £123-£15), it has a wireless camera that attaches above the numberplate, and a clip-over mirror that has an inbuilt screen. Has anyone fitted one?

The only unknown is how easy it is to find the reversing-light live-cable to attach the camera power feed to, has anyone had the panels open and know about access?

Auto Vox wifi reversing camera via mirror

mirror cam.PNG

Martin

I bought a Road Angel Halo View HD5 which is a front and rear camera with clip over screen. Paid £101.56 on eBay and fitted myself with help from a few posts on here in relation to switched and live fuses. Took around 30-45 mins to fit. I haven't yet attached the rear camera to the reverse light as the cable from the camera is too short and I also don't want to play around with tapping in to the rear lights (thanks to a warning from my nephew who is an auto-electrician about potential issues with canbus connections). I'm waiting for him to sort that part for me. I looked at the wireless option but this was better as there's no need to have to charge the rear camera and both cameras also work in parking mode while the car is switched off. I will connect to the reverse light eventually but as the screen acts as a rear view camera, I'm using it as reversing camera just without the lines at present.

My daughter has similar in her Fiat 500 and it works ok although hers in not wireless. In my opinion too smaller screen to be of any real assistance. I think hers was about 40 quid and acted as a dash cam also.
To connect to the reversing live feed is easy . If you look in the section MG4 upgrades you will see my how to fit led lamps and reverse lamps. Rear cluster comes out really easily then you can connect to the multi plug reverse wire just tap in.

My daughter has similar in her Fiat 500 and it works ok although hers in not wireless. In my opinion too smaller screen to be of any real assistance. I think hers was about 40 quid and acted as a dash cam also.
To connect to the reversing live feed is easy . If you look in the section MG4 upgrades you will see my how to fit led lamps and reverse lamps. Rear cluster comes out really easily then you can connect to the multi plug reverse wire just tap in.
Many thanks for your help!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 517 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel