Wonder how long before this comes to the UK watch out MG5

As mentioned on another thread, 86.4kWh battery and WLTP combined of only 250 miles !!!

By my calculations, 2.9 m/kWh, what will that drop to in Winter ?

As mentioned on another thread, 86.4kWh battery and WLTP combined of only 250 miles !!!
You know what I don’t think that’s to bad when you consider the size and carrying capacity of both people and luggage space plus if as said in the video and elsewhere you can use the whole of the batteries without worrying no I don’t think that’s to bad at all of course it will all come down to the price if and when it gets to us in the UK

Shorter range will be because, I believe BYD use LFP battery pack as opposed to NMC battery.

I believe, but don't quote me, that the advantages of LFP are

Can charge to 100% every time
Better battery longevity
More charging cycles
More stable - less chance of thermal runaway
I think they are now cheaper to produce

Disadvantage
Less energy density - therefore not as good range

There are rumours that the MG ZS SR, coming in 2022, may have LFP battery.

Found this review, courtesy Autocar India.

The reviewer remarked that the car can be DC charged for its lifetime.

I found this on a video the other day, can’t remember where. It might have been about the EV4.

Attachments

• 236439F3-A188-4087-BA18-B88F7F9AFF08.jpeg
    236439F3-A188-4087-BA18-B88F7F9AFF08.jpeg
    234.2 KB · Views: 118
I don't think that Indian BYD6 would sell in the UK very well as it is. No cruise control, rear seats don't fold down. Mind you he was taking about 500km range which is a bit over 300miles so it might find a niche, maybe as a taxi?

The battery in the BYD e6 is actually 71.7 kWh and the WLTP range is 415km or 258 miles so the efficiency on those figures is 3.6 m/kWh which is pretty good.
Yes, but "real world" for most EVs is about 2/3 of the WLTP figure (becaue the WLTP test cycle doesn't reflect driving in the real world) so the actual efficiency figures are not very good, though maybe they are for an MPV.

Yes, but "real world" for most EVs is about 2/3 of the WLTP figure (becaue the WLTP test cycle doesn't reflect driving in the real world) so the actual efficiency figures are not very good, though maybe they are for an MPV.
Yeah you'd expect that but the MG5 wltp figure is pretty accurate (even conservative in summer months).

My WLTP for the ZS EV is spot on. It obviously varies depending on conditions but overall it's very accurate. Anyway, as virtually all manufacturers use it it's valid for comparison. The 3.6 m/kWh for the BYD is virtually the same as the new ZS EV.

The battery in the BYD e6 is actually 71.7 kWh and the WLTP range is 415km or 258 miles so the efficiency on those figures is 3.6 m/kWh which is pretty good.
1641118321703.png

The link in post #2 was to this as was the comments, not about the E6. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom