Would you buy an MG4 standard range Trophy?

Would you buy an MG4 standard range Trophy if MG made that combination?

• Total voters
Given that the SE LR is £2.5k more expensive than the SR, then £2.5k off a Trophy (with the SR battery) would be very appealing. (11 miles range reduction wouldn't be a show-stopper as the WLTP would still be >200 miles).

Edit: I doubt MG would do this though as it would likely kill off SE LR sales.

Given that the SE LR is £2.5k more expensive than the SR, then £2.5k off a Trophy (with the SR battery) would be very appealing. (11 miles range reduction wouldn't be a show-stopper as the WLTP would still be >200 miles).

Edit: I doubt MG would do this though as it would likely kill off SE LR sales.
I don’t think it would. Some people just need the extra range and it would be a simple choice: range or spec or both or neither?

The trophy version of the standard range would be my ideal MG4 ( I have a petrol second car for long long trips ), this is something I asked the dealer on but he mentioned there are no plans yet.

I can see that the 'base' MG4 market is city driving / commuting against the smaller sized cars wher e many short distances are covered along with having the relatively easy access to charging points, although not having looked at the prices and Spec of these not sure how it stacks u It would have been on my list if I only needed as described.

To be honest, when I first saw the Trophy model my eyes lit up and if it had kept the range of the SE LR I might have chosen that, but then when I read and heard that the aero spoiler on the back increases drag rather than increasing efficiency I was disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, it looks very cool. 😎

To be honest, when I first saw the Trophy model my eyes lit up and if it had kept the range of the SE LR I might have chosen that, but then when I read and heard that the aero spoiler on the back increases drag rather than increasing efficiency I was disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, it looks very cool. 😎
Yes, I agree, I prefer the SE rear.

It's probably not just the spoiler increasing drag that has the impact on (theoretical) range. It's also the added weight for heated and motorised driver's seat, plus whatever else the Trophy has extra.

And remember that it's a drop of 11 miles on the WLTP ... in reality the reduction will probably be less.

It's probably not just the spoiler increasing drag that has the impact on (theoretical) range. It's also the added weight for heated and motorised driver's seat, plus whatever else the Trophy has extra.

And remember that it's a drop of 11 miles on the WLTP ... in reality the reduction will probably be less.
Yes, that makes sense. It does come with quite a few extras. I’ve never had a heated steering wheel or driver’s seat, so luckily I don’t know what I’m missing. 😅

The motorised seat is a -ve for me. Its slower than manual adjustment and because there is no memory it becomes a pain to have to adjust every time I get in.
Obviously if you are the only driver it doesn't matter, but my wife and I both drive either of our cars all the time.

Yes, that makes sense. It does come with quite a few extras. I’ve never had a heated steering wheel or driver’s seat, so luckily I don’t know what I’m missing. 😅

My daughter regards heated seats as the most essential feature of a car. It is one of the first things she asks about.

Its one of those things that you dont appreciate until you have it. First time for me was in a saab 9000, 25 yrs ago. It came with the car and I thought meh. but after the first winter of ownership I'd changed my mind.

I hear you re. heated seats ... but it's a more-noticeable benefit if the seats are leather; cloth upholstered seats tend not to get so cold or so hot, so the lack of this feature in the SE model shouldn't be an issue.

(A previous Golf GT I had came with heated leather seats - and you really noticed how cold they were at first in winter, so the seat heating was always used).

The trophy version of the standard range would be my ideal MG4 ( I have a petrol second car for long long trips ), this is something I asked the dealer on but he mentioned there are no plans yet.
Cost so much more to use a petrol car on long journeys. Not green.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back