Would you like to have a private forum for MG ZS EV owners?

Would you like to have a private forum for MG ZS EV owners?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not disagree. In a "normal world" that is what one expects... Companies would monitor the net and use the concerns expressed as feedback to improve services.
You will however struggle to find a real life example this. In real life this never happens. What companies do these days is to shut anyone/website down who says what they do not want to hear and attack individuals who publicly express an opinion which highlights any issues the companies may have.

I think MG has put a lot of effort into "improving" the way the software works due to forums such as this one.

@Dave,
You may be absolutely right.
May I ask if you think the deficits in the car occurred by chance?
Well, I think you will be surprised to know that the Chinese do nothing by chance and nothing they do is by error of judgment.
No not the Chinese!!!! Everything they do is by detailed planning. Usually with well laid out plans for next 5 years.
Any changes that occur to their plan is always in response to political and economic circumstances not social circumstances.
Believe me if they did not think that the deficits in the car would cause an adverse economic impact, we could be shouting from the roof tops like the Hong Kong protester and we will gain nothing. That is the Chinese way. Government and companies alike.
Well this is my opinion and I believe it is one I share with a lot of EV/ economic analyst.

@Dave,
You may be absolutely right.
May I ask if you think the deficits in the car occurred by chance?
Well, I think you will be surprised to know that the Chinese do nothing by chance and nothing they do is by error of judgment.
No not the Chinese!!!! Everything they do is by detailed planning. Usually with well laid out plans for next 5 years.
Any changes that occur to their plan is always in response to political and economic circumstances not social circumstances.
Believe me if they did not think that the deficits in the car would cause an adverse economic impact, we could be shouting from the roof tops like the Hong Kong protester and we will gain nothing. That is the Chinese way. Government and companies alike.
Well this is my opinion and I believe it is one I share with a lot of EV/ economic analyst.

I think the way the car worked before the updates is the expected way for a car of this type to function in China. They have a lot to learn to sell cars in the western markets. They will learn and they will compete head on with the best over the years.I

I’m not too worried witch way the current group votes. As I don’t understand fully the benefits of going private & therefore my vote would be not completely educated. Trusting those that do. My vote will be for the majority.

I'm not a fan of an owners only section, but I would join it if it was there.

in my opinion, when you have a more private area of the forum where only certain people can view information, you can find that it starts to get used more than the open areas. Then new members can't see that information and if they don't know what's in the site then they're less likely to sign up which could cause a chain reaction of making the site less popular.

I think the process of proving who is an owner and who isn't would be a significant administrative overhead which would cause more problems and arguments than it's worth.

just my 2c.

I'm not a fan of an owners only section, but I would join it if it was there.

in my opinion, when you have a more private area of the forum where only certain people can view information, you can find that it starts to get used more than the open areas. Then new members can't see that information and if they don't know what's in the site then they're less likely to sign up which could cause a chain reaction of making the site less popular.

I think the process of proving who is an owner and who isn't would be a significant administrative overhead which would cause more problems and arguments than it's worth.

just my 2c.
Agreed

Mr Administrator,

I think it must be about time to put this to bed.
The vote is clear already.
Your call.

Reactions: MEH
I think the way the car worked before the updates is the expected way for a car of this type to function in China. They have a lot to learn to sell cars in the western markets. They will learn and they will compete head on with the best over the years.I
The car was developed and tested at Longbridge. Not sure how many EV drivers were involved.

The suggestion was made to be by a member who wanted to post sensitive/private/leaked information about the car that they did not want the manufacturer or anyone else outside of the community to see.

I would create a new child forum of this forum which would be visible to all, but only open to those members who are manually added to a new user group.

The disadvantage of private forums is that they require someone to grant (and maybe revoke) access.

The advantage is that it gives privacy for members under certain (probably rare) circumstances that they are needed.

GDPR is a consideration and I certainly don't want to get involved with gathering any more information than is absolutely necessary. Honestly I would rather the community appoint someone who they trust to confirm ownership, and that person manages admission to the private forum.
I think you will find that Dealers and probably MG UK are already tuned into this forum and if they aren’t then they damned well should be. I do not think there is anything that needs to be private on here. Any leaked info or documents could easily be redacted in such a way nobody can be traced.

I think it needs to be public so that new people can find out it's here and access the information easily.
If it's not public, newbies googling things wouldn't get to see what they need to.

I would join a private forum if there was one, but generally I'd be wanting to make everything public.
I'd prefer MG etc to get to see what's going on with their cars so they can positevly evolve things.

Can we private message on here if we wanted to discuss secret squirrel things lol?!?

As a prospective but not an actual owner yet, I think this is a completely unproductive and devious proposal. There are quite enough secret societies on the Internet already, without limiting free speech and information here.
ZZDave
we are going down the line of Freemasons a club for the boys .not for me ..

There is now a private forum for Premium Members. This is an area where members can talk about any subject out of the public eye.
So there we have the real reason for the question... looking to increase monetisation of the forum by extracting £36pa from as many of us as possible to be in the secret forum club... There is, of course, nothing wrong with wanting to improve monetization, but creating a 2 tier forum structure with some sections only accessible if you pay up is a poor way of doing so, really poor...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom